Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Stark County High School is an above average, public school located in Toulon, IL. It has 214 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Stark County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+30 Students
- B+21 Students
- A-19 Students
- A19 Students
- B19 Students
- A+17 Students
- B-13 Students
- B-12 Students
- A9 Students
- B+8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Schools like Stark County High School
- BGalva Junior/Senior High School
- Galva Community Unit School District No. 224, IL
- 21 reviews
- BBrimfield High School
- Brimfield Community Unit School District No. 309, IL
- 25 reviews
- C+Williamsfield High School
- Williamsfield Community Unit School District No. 210, IL
- 4 reviews
- BKewanee High School
- Kewanee Community Unit School District No. 229, IL
- 32 reviews
Stark County High School Reviews
I grew up in a very small rural ag community. There wasn't a lot of opportunities to grow in education for the world. It wasn't until a local community nearby we decided to start a robotics team for our school. This organization was the reason that made high school fun. Not only did the club lead me to my future career but I also grow in professional development skills. The amount of impact this club brought to us changes our lives for the future. Our high school thought these 4 years were the best time of your life but in actuality, they never had any vision. So, the robotics club gave us a vision and an opportunity to grow into our future careers. Without the robotics club, I wouldn't know where I would be today.
I loved going to Stark County. I was able to be involved in everything and get to know everyone and every member of the faculty, including the janitors. However, if you aren't into sports there isn't much for you, but they are improving. They say that your friends from high school won't last, but from this school, they will. The school is so tight-knit within itself and the community. The school is the heart of this tiny county. We may not have a ton of resources, but the dedicated teachers are always looking for alternatives and looking for ways to prepares us for college and the workforce. Another great thing about this school is that you don't feel pressured that college is the only option. They definitely made trade schools and 2-year degrees a valuable option. I loved this school and I wouldn't trade this experience for anything.
I feel that Stark County High School is an excellent school. As a senior in High School, I almost have my first year of college done. I was given awesome opportunities to take college classes. When it comes to sports our school succeeds in football. We are on a 22-year streak of making it to playoffs. Our coaches and parents get very involved with the football team making sure the boys have the greatest football experience possible. Parents also make sure your foreign exchange students feel very welcomed. Our school always involves our foreign exchange students in sports and trips. The foreign exchange students usually return for a visit after a few years because of how much they like it here. The downside of this school is the food. I can't stand eating school lunches because it makes my stomach hurt afterward. All of the good things about Stark County make up for the food. I wouldn't choose any other school because of what Stark County has to offer.