Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Star Valley High School is an above average, public school located in Afton, WY. It has 740 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Star Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-251 Students
- B+188 Students
- B146 Students
- B107 Students
- C+92 Students
- A87 Students
- A+86 Students
- B+63 Students
- B-53 Students
- B-50 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 35 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Star Valley High School Reviews
This is a great school! They care about your success and really want to help you! They are very up to date on technology providing each of the students with iPads instead of books. They give the students opportunities they are not going to get at any other school! They are a blue ribbon school and are amazing in sports as well! The students there succeed in academics as well as sports but are always required to put their academics first. They really care about the students. The whole class knows each other due to being a small school with less than 200 students per class. This is a school that I would recommend to anyone and that will help your student advance their skills in all areas.
The teachers are all great! They really care about the students individually and work to help each of them. The athletic programs are top notch. Football and track are some of the best in the state. Wrestling is the best in the region, including Idaho and Utah. All in all, a great school with quality people.
Star Valley High School is excellent. I transferred here two months into my freshman year and I am so thankful that I did. I am so proud to be a Star Valley Brave. The academics are fantastic. Class sizes tend to be between 20-30 kids allowing students to have the opportunity for one-on-one teacher help. There is a variety of classes students can take if they want to get ahead. Such as college prepatory classes and college credit classes. The faculty and teachers are also amazing. They do everything they can to make sure all their students succeed. There are many clubs and sports for students to participate in. There are a number of choirs, bands, and choirs for all different skill levels. A variety of academic clubs, science clubs, art clubs, and more!