- REDWOOD CITY, CA
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade A+
- Teachersgrade A+
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade unavailable
- Sportsgrade unavailable
Stanford Online High School, a selective, accredited school for grades 7–12, creates a worldwide learning community of intellectually passionate students and teachers.
Stanford OHS students discuss, debate, question, comment, and share in the same virtual classroom. Our rigorous curriculum challenges students to reason analytically, think creatively, and argue critically. Students enroll full-time, part-time, or take one course. Our robust student life cultivates lasting friendships, and our supportive environment fosters independence, strength of character, and a lifelong pursuit of knowledge.
Stanford Online High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+157 Students
- grade A+96 Students
- grade A+83 Students
- grade A+75 Students
- grade A+69 Students
- grade A+67 Students
- grade A+67 Students
- grade A+58 Students
- grade A+53 Students
- grade A+48 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 12 responses
- Grad weekend27%
- Summer at Stanford27%
- MIT Splash21%
- Spirit Week9%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 25 responses
Stanford Online High School Reviews
I'm sure many have heard of the rigorous academic curriculum at OHS - and they aren't joking. The high school and AP courses, especially, are very demanding, although also extremely rewarding. The vast majority of my teachers have been proven to be very advanced and knowledgeable in their fields.
As for the social aspect of OHS: it's hard to grasp, but adequate as long as you are tangibly present during class discussion (and in Skype chats, which are the students' main form of communication). It's even worth it to join a couple clubs, although not all are very active. Really, the best advice I could give in terms of social exposure while at this school is to join a couple extracurriculars outside OHS - especially if you're enrolling full-time.