Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Standish-Sterling Central High School is a public school located in Standish, MI. It has 769 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 28% of students are at least proficient in math and 29% in reading.
Standish-Sterling Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B111 Students
- B-89 Students
- B-82 Students
- A65 Students
- B64 Students
- B+53 Students
- A+49 Students
- B-38 Students
- B-37 Students
- B-34 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 16 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Standish-Sterling Central High School Reviews
The school is rough, not the teaching kind of rough more like they need to upgrade technology, they also should replace things like the rest of the parking lot. You pay $40 of student fee's for the parking lot to be bad and not fixed then you pay money for prom which isn't that good and you cant go off the school for a different prom location which is dumb. Principals are iffy, they sometimes like to choose favorites and they'll tell you that they don't. They don't take bullying seriously either especially online bullying until you tell them that you're going to get the cops involved. However the teachers are nice.
During my time at Standish- Sterling High School I have realized many things. Such as there is a very good atmosphere here, there are many great teachers, and it is a very well organized school. I especially like the countless programs that you can get involve with and that the requirements for these clubs are reasonable and easily achievable. The school has a very safe and clean building that is well taken care of and I would highly recommend this school to any parent looking to send their children to.
Standish-Sterling High School was a typical everyday 2,000-3,000 student facility. It had great opportunities to expand both knowledge and freedom of what you expressed with-in yourself as a student. Many clubs (or extracurricular activities) were open to anyone who wanted to try something new and fun. Sports was a big part in our school, however even work-hard driven strength can beat the top "names" of the school. Academics was our strong point with many of early college classes that you are able to take to show your knowledge. Overall so lucky to be a part of a great Panther Country.