Stadium High School is a highly rated, public school located in Tacoma, WA. It has 1,465 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 51% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
111 N E St
Tacoma, WA 98403
Work Here? Claim Your School
Stadium High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+363 Students
- A218 Students
- B+215 Students
- B-134 Students
- A-129 Students
- A-110 Students
- A-106 Students
- A-93 Students
- C93 Students
- A-92 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 79 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.49 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.52 responses
Stadium High School Reviews
I have had amazing teachers all four years of high school. They have supported me throughout the tough times and have created a general feeling of acceptance and safety at Stadium. There are not enough counselors at Stadium, but they work extremely hard to accommodate to the needs of nearly every individual student. I would like to see evidence of more events that spark a sense of school pride and community. There has been a lack of student involvement in social events in the past, and I would like to see the next generation of Stadium alum to get an immersive and fun experience. Overall, Stadium has been a wonderful school for me!
Stadium has a very strong academic reputation. I have taken many tough college prep classes and have felt that they will help me later on in my life. Though the classes that were not college prep were fairly easy and not challenging. The school does a good job of making sure that every student has the materials necessary for them to succeed in college, or finding a job after high school. The administration does there best to keep the students safe. There is not a whole lot of school spirit. Many students don't seem to be motivated to go to pep assemblies or cheer on the sports teams. I think that is just due to the schools urban location, and students have more going on outside of school. Overall, Stadium is a great school!
The things that I like about Stadium are the vast amounts of opportunity of classes offered. Vast options of math, science, arts, and physical education are offered especially AP classes. College credit available as well. The structure of the school is great too. There are many floors and is in a shape of the letter “U” which causes classes to be a bit spread out so students get a lot more exercise than normal schools. The class rooms are numbered based on even or odd numbers, so students would know which side to go to based on their class number. Lunches are not bound to the cafeteria and students can eat near the windows to see the beautiful view outside. There is a career center of many resources for students who are looking for information about college and scholarships. Many university ambassadors come the tell interested students more about their university.