The community of St. Vincent Ferrer High School values God's life in each person. Therefore, we believe in:
Study: We believe that study is the key to knowledge and truth, and a challenging, open, and nurturing environment is necessary to prepare students for college and a lifetime of learning.
Community: We believe that developing a sense of community without regard to racial, class, or cultural distinctions is essential, and that compassion, empathy, and generosity are learned through interaction and cooperation with others in that community.
Prayer: We believe that prayer shows our devotion and reverence to God and is a necessary element in the development of the individual.
Service: We believe that service is an essential extension of our lives as Christians, and that by participating in service projects, we become responsible, caring, and accountable members of society.
St. Vincent Ferrer High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+94 Students
- A-79 Students
- A-70 Students
- B64 Students
- B+64 Students
- A56 Students
- A53 Students
- B51 Students
- B45 Students
- A+43 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
St. Vincent Ferrer High School Reviews
No on site library- no affiliation with any NYC Public library to compensate is a concern
No research computers for students to access as needed.
Very small gym- no bleachers
No auditorium (the cafeteria doubles as the auditorium)
No microwave for lunch (only one and it is reserved for Seniors)
Small school for about 500+ students. Small lockers as well.
Large classes 25 - 30 students on average per class
No dedicated space for study.
Students are not given the opportunity to learn to play instruments
No technology based classes
I feel truly feel that is not for the lack of space that this school would be able to afford these basic things that most other HS's offer.