- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
St. Thomas Aquinas High School, a Roman Catholic, co-educational, college preparatory school has acquired national recognition for academic and athletic excellence. Founded in 1936, STA has provided quality Catholic secondary education to Fort Lauderdale and the South Florida community for 83 years. Committed to the philosophy of Saint Thomas Aquinas, STA defines learning as the simultaneous and harmonious development of all facets of the human personality and strives to cultivate the achievements of each student. More than 20,000 Alumni continue to share STA pride across the globe.
St. Thomas Aquinas High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+811 Students
- A703 Students
- A626 Students
- A+452 Students
- A293 Students
- B+274 Students
- A-229 Students
- B+184 Students
- A+161 Students
- B+144 Students
Advanced Placement & Dual Enrollment
College-level courses are offered on the STA campus through St. Thomas University. Students qualify based on GPA. The STA Dual Enrollment courses are: Pre Calculus: Trigonometry and Analytical Geometry, Calculus I, Ordinary Differential Equations, Calculus III, Human Anatomy and Physiology I and II, Philosophy II, Ethics, World Religions, & Multicultural Studies.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.84 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.84 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.88 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.88 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.88 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.108 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.108 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.65 responses
St. Thomas Aquinas High School Reviews
(They were also immediately on top of things when the COVID-19 Pandemic hit easily transitioning to online education. All kids are provided with a laptop when they start school at STA. Teachers were ready and offered online classes, materials, videos, and school work online.)