Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
St. Teresa High School is a highly rated, private, Catholic school located in Decatur, IL. It has 286 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 8 to 1. After graduation, 75% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
St. Teresa High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B35 Students
- A+30 Students
- A29 Students
- B+24 Students
- A+20 Students
- B19 Students
- B19 Students
- A-18 Students
- A-17 Students
- B16 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
St. Teresa High School Reviews
I enjoyed going to St. Teresa High School for four years for many reasons. Most importantly, the teachers are very helpful and want their students to succeed. Teachers have been the most important part of St. Teresa because of how much they have helped me get ready for college. Another thing I loved about St. Teresa is the family environment. I believe since we are such a small school, everyone that goes there is like a family member. Students lift each other up every day and teachers are always willing to help. Lastly, I really like Catholic atmosphere of St. Teresa. I look forward to the all school mass we attend every month because it brings me closer to God and makes me realize how lucky I am to be surrounded by everyone at St. Teresa.
Racist, unnecessary strict rules, and do not trust the students. Not really a "good" school, but had a great memory. Parents ruled the school. One of my coaches got fired because of a student's mother's complaint. She wanted her son to have some field time, the coach refused. Every year, the school made students "sell" the school calendar by making them pay for it. $30 x 5. My sister and I had to pay the school $1200 total. Tuition is rediculous, food is terrifyingly expensive. They bought Mcdonalds every monday and sold it to the students for almost triple the price.
The teachers there were really friendly and caring. They were helpful to disabled students like myself, and have great resources to accommodate those with disabilites. The cross country and track and field program is among one of the best in Illinois. My love of running has started develop at this high school. I would like to see more courses being taught in the physical and natural sciences.