- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
St. Pius X High School is a co-educational Catholic college preparatory school in northwest Houston, owned and operated by the Dominican Sisters of Houston. SPX serves a diverse student body, which represents more than 60 parishes and 121 ZIP codes across the community. At SPX, the knowledgeable, skilled, and qualified faculty and staff are committed to fostering each individual's intellectual, spiritual, and physical potential within a challenging academic and nurturing Christian environment.
St. Pius X. High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+133 Students
- A+123 Students
- A-119 Students
- A87 Students
- B+78 Students
- A-72 Students
- A+66 Students
- B49 Students
- A49 Students
- B43 Students
Engineering Your World
St. Pius X High School is the only private school in Houston offering Engineering 1 (Engineering Design and Analysis) and Engineering 2 (Engineering Applications of Computer Science). Curriculum for the classes was developed by the University of Texas to give students exposure to engineering and to see if they have an interest in what engineers do.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
St. Pius X. High School Reviews
St. Pius X brings in a rich variety of well-educated teachers and students alike, varying in races, cultural backgrounds, and faiths. Even the theology courses, though can admittedly enforce some politically conservative information onto students, can remain usually open-minded, and have valuable lectures and discussions about humanity, faiths, and knowledge of important texts deemed sacred (which also go hand-in-hand with the history courses). Although I'm an introvert, I found a strong support system within the faculty when I cooperated and kept both my discipline and my grades up. You get out what you put into it!