St. Petersburg High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+243 Students
- A-212 Students
- A-157 Students
- A150 Students
- C+107 Students
- A+83 Students
- B61 Students
- B+52 Students
- A+39 Students
- A+37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.45 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.53 responses
St. Petersburg High School Reviews
Review St. Petersburg High School
One thing that stands out the most at St. Pete High is the Green Devil spirit we have. Out of all the Pinellas County Schools, I believe that St. Pete shows the most school spirit and participation when it comes to our football games, clubs, donation drives, and spirit week. Another thing I really enjoy about the school is the traditions we have. For example, there's a green devil head painted in front of the main office. If you step on it, you're supposed to scrub the devil's head with a toothbrush. Other traditional school events include Goldfever (dance and lip syncing competition between service clubs), senior pranks, and auditions for joining a service club. And for a high school, I believe we offer many different service clubs (Key, Leo, SHOC, Interact, Rojans, Civitan). Goldfever is by far the most exciting event I've participated in.
My experience at St. Petersburg High School has been a good one so far, good enough that I couldn't ask for a better school. Yes, there are things that I wish could improve, such as the cleanliness of the environment and the attitude of some of the students around me. However, I love the variety of clubs, programs, and honor societies that St. Petersburg offers. Personally, I am in the International Baccalaureate (IB) program and in the National Honor Society, National Spanish Honor Society, and Rho Kappa. I thoroughly enjoy being in these challenging programs and honor societies, especially since the teachers and sponsors are so helpful and do their best to help me succeed.
I really love my school for many reasons. For one, it has a lot of diversity and allows kids with different interest and hobbies to join clubs based on those interests and hobbies. The academic achievements as well are very good. My personal experience at this school is amazing so far. I was introduced to theater, and is something I plan to stick with until I graduate. I'm glad my introduction to high school happened at St Petersburg High School.