COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
In August 2020, SMR welcomed students in-person utilizing a hybrid learning model. By March 2021, students began learning in-person 4-days per week, and by April, SMR will return to 5-days per week in-person learning. A 100% virtual learning option is available too. Please reach out to the Admissions Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information and a personal on-campus tour.
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade B+
St. Mary's Ryken is a private school committed to providing a highly competitive, yet affordable, college preparatory education to students in the Southern Maryland region. SMR is one of 13 schools in the Xaverian Brothers tradition throughout the United States. We adhere to the Xaverian motto: Inspiring Lives of Learning, Faith & Service.
Our 87-acre waterfront campus models a small college, with four academic buildings, a 48,000 square ft health and wellness center, campus cafe, several athletic fields, tennis courts and a stadium with a six-lane track.
Students attend SMR from a large geographic region. Although the majority of our students are Catholic, a variety of religions are represented.
Students experience diverse and progressive opportunities in academics, fine arts, athletics, service activities and campus ministry. By graduation, a St. Mary's Ryken student is a young adult who is well prepared for college and committed to Christian service and responsible citizenship.
St. Mary's Ryken High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A145 Students
- grade B+113 Students
- grade B+75 Students
- grade A+68 Students
- grade B minus55 Students
- grade A+54 Students
- grade A50 Students
- grade A+44 Students
- grade A43 Students
- grade A minus43 Students
The SMR Scholars Program features curriculum from the nationally recognized program, Project Lead the Way. STEM pathways are offered in Biomedical Science Computer Science (focus on Cybersecurity) and Engineering (focus on Aerospace Engineering). Humanities pathways are offered in Global and International Studies, Humanities, Performing Arts and Visual Arts.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 21 responses
- Football games28%
- Camo-out basketball game20%
- Themed athletic games14%
- Art events8%
- Spirit Week8%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 30 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 18 responses
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade C+
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade C