St. Mary’s Ryken is a Catholic, coeducational, college preparatory school community operated under the Xaverian Brothers’ sponsorship dedicated to academic excellence and individualized student growth.
Our 87-acre waterfront campus is located in Leonardtown, Maryland and models a small college, with four academic buildings, a 48,000 square foot health and wellness center, campus cafe, several athletic fields, tennis courts and a stadium with a six-lane track.
Students attend SMR from a large geographic region including Calvert, Charles, St. Mary's and Prince George's counties, as well as from Virginia. Although the majority of our students are Catholic, a variety of religions are represented.
Students experience diverse and progressive opportunities in academics, fine arts, athletics, service activities and campus ministry. By graduation, a St. Mary's Ryken student is a young adult who is well prepared for college and committed to Christian service and responsible citizenship.
St. Mary's Ryken High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A128 Students
- B+101 Students
- B+68 Students
- A+62 Students
- A+48 Students
- B-45 Students
- A45 Students
- A38 Students
- A+37 Students
- B+36 Students
Scholars Program at St. Mary's Ryken
The SMR Scholars Program features curriculum from the nationally recognized program, Project Lead the Way. STEM pathways are offered in Biomedical Science Computer Science (focus on Cybersecurity) and Engineering (focus on Aerospace Engineering). Humanities pathways are offered in Global and International Studies, Humanities, Performing Arts and Visual Arts.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses