St. Marys High School is a public school located in St. Marys, WV. It has 380 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
St. Marys High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-68 Students
- B45 Students
- C44 Students
- B-38 Students
- B-28 Students
- B21 Students
- C+20 Students
- C+18 Students
- C+17 Students
- B-17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like St. Marys High School
St. Marys High School Reviews
I loved St. Marys High School. It is one of those schools everyone knows each other. I remember being excited for the first day of school because everyone was so excited to see each other. The teachers are alright; there are a few that have trouble actually teaching. It is definitely a sports oriented school; as the band size decreases, the sports teams increase. The arts department has really taken a hit, due to the sports programs taking over. Lifelong friends are made at St. Marys high school.
I have attended St. Marys High School in West Virginia for 4 years. I have participated in the school's volleyball and tennis team along with the marching band. Through the years the teachers have supported me in my studies along with applying colleges. Overall, I would say the experience has been fairly good for a public school in a small town in West Virginia.
It's not great but it's not awful. Teachers, for the most part, don't have great teaching strategies, don't seem too concerned with individual students but more with the class as a whole. A few of the teachers are really great but not a lot. Also, extra curricular activities are supported in a very unbalanced way. I would definitely not mind going to a better school.