St. Mary's High School Reviews

I attended high school at St. Marys and now my son goes there. He struggled in grade school but is now making excellent grades and loves going to school there! They have really done wonders for him.
Very excellent school for academics and sports alike. Been going for 2 years, no complaints except for a teacher, who later left. Great security and staff. Best thing about this school is the community and brotherhood.
Great School would like to see improvements with technology. Teachers are very supportive and encourage students to do their best. Facility could use some upgrades.
Start Your Review of St. Mary's High School
St. Mary's is a hidden gem in the heart of south city St. Louis. The enrollment is half that of other private schools which allows for better classroom interactions with teachers which stimulates learning. St. Mary's also offers many dual credit courses which are offered through Saint Louis University which helped me get through almost all of my general education courses in college.
It was fine. It prepared me for college and I made a lot of friends that I am still in touch with. Academics wise it's a little above average, sports wise it's above average.
St. Mary's is a great school and all teachers are willing to help you anytime. We have a block scheduled which is very effective for all students to do homework and study.
I enjoy the atmosphere of St.Mary's High School and the environment that I walked into after completing middle school. The teachers are very supportive of me and understand that I may have other commitments that can hinder my ability to complete my assignments. My peers push me to be a better person in the classroom and out in the world. St.Mary's High School has provided me with valuable experiences that will have a lasting impact on my life.
St Mary is a good high school if you're low on budget. It's an okay school with a cheap tuition but the food here is excellent and the sports team are incredible !
St Mary's High School is like a small family. My son stated there as a Freshman in 2013, he was shy and had some learning issues. St. Mary's fostered his strengths and were very supportive alone the way. I am proud to say that my son is a St. Mary's Dragon!!
St. Mary's High School has been a great experience for my boys. My oldest son is a Senior and I am amazed at how much he was challenged by taking Honors classes and college credit course as well as the support he received from his teachers and staff. My other son is a Sophomore and again, I am amazed at how much he is doing as well. He is in the leadership program and he is representing St. Mary's High School at the Archdiocese High School Nights.
High school has been a great place to meet new friends, get involved in sports - soccer and tennis for me and to become very involved in the student body aspect of the school. The friendships I have made will never be forgotten. I enjoy participating in all the after school events and helping plan many of them. I feel challenged by taking college credits. I feel they have helped me prepare my adventures into college life soon.
I recieved a lot of help academically and the counselors are the greatest people ever. The teachers are amazing and really care about the individual students. Has a family atmosphere, extremely diverse, and just an overall great school.
At St. Mary's I have been given a wonderful education, and a lifelong brotherhood. The school spirit is above and beyond expectation. We have been taught the importance of being an active, and positive member of the community, and to be accepting of all cultures.
I loved St. Mary's High School. I would definitely send my own children there one day. A lot has been done in the time I have been there to improve the school from sports to administration.
This school offers a variety of extracurricular activities including bocce, band, theater, paintball, scholar bowl, and many more.
This school has many wonderful things about it. First, the teachers are absolutely friendly. They look out for the students and can tell when a student needs help. Second, the student body is a friendly environment. Finally, the activities and events that go around this school are amazing, especially the most competitive football game, The Shoes Game. Go Dragons!
Different teachers have different teaching styles. Some teachers use technology as the main resource while others use pen and paper. But it gives a variety of different ways to learn. Instead of writing all the time we can use technology to type.
Start Your Review of St. Mary's High School
I joined the theater group and had a blast. My freshman english teacher recommended that I try out for the play and I was in every one after that. There are many choices and everyone should be able to find something that they enjoy, from academic groups to other types of skills.
I really blossomed as a student. I went from a student who didn't always work very hard to one that learned how to manage my time and workload. I had a great class that was competitive and pushed me to be my best and that is what got me the skills that have helped me to be successful my first year in college. I actually started college as a sophomore. I also got involved in extra-curriculars. The school size isn't very large, so it was easy to get involved in multiple activities.
The teachers had a sense of unity where they worked together and helped eachother to make a more effective learning environment. They were always helpful and had structured classes that kept students engaged. They differentiated lessons for different learning styles, and were always available for help during academic lab and sometimes after school. They seemed to really like the students and made us feel important.