St. Marys Area Senior High School is a public school located in Saint Marys, PA. It has 683 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
St. Marys Area Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-49 Students
- B42 Students
- A42 Students
- A+40 Students
- B-34 Students
- B-32 Students
- B-30 Students
- C+27 Students
- B+24 Students
- A-23 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
St. Marys Area Senior High School Reviews
St. Marys Area Senior High School is an average small school. The faculty is a mixture of nice and fun people. The faculty also is comprimised of many unliked members. The school is great at making problems aware, but horrible at doing anything about them. The acedemics offered are very diverse, but not taught as well as they should be. Saftey is not an overall concern as practice for such situations take place regularly. There are an extensive amount of clubs and activities for students. In prepareing students for college, St. Marys High School is at an average level. The food provided at lunch is awful and very expensive. The sports teams are comprimised of very good and talented students, but many teams are coached by horrible people. The facilities and rooms of the school are decent, and the rooms are slowly being upgraded to meet modern day needs. Parent involvment is very minimal. Overall, the school is at the most average. Many improvements could and should be made.
St. Marys Area is a good place overall. The small town doesn't offer a lot to do but the surrounding area is beautiful and it's quite possible to have a good time if you explore. The school itself has a subpar facility. There are a few great teachers at SMAHS but you can tell most of them don't care about the individual students and normally care most about their paycheck. Sports talk if you're an athlete you may be favored by some teachers. If you take the initiative to get the most out of your education and developing into a bright young adult you will no doubt succeed because the school does provide the needs of the student if sought out. The school does have a mild racist and drinking problem, it may have to do with 99% of the school and town being white and not exposed to many other cultures. The drinking issue is really county-wide nobody bats an eyelash at 15 or 16-year-olds drinking nearly every weekend. But Friendly place overall. Beautiful Campus compared to other schools.
All of the professors I had throughout my freshmen year were remarkable. They all try to make sure students get involved in the lessons. If you were to have a problem with the assignments we are assigned the professors are willing to met up with you outside of class to help you understand the content, or they are able to assign you a tutor that they previously had in class that did very well.