St. Marys Area Senior High School
- SAINT MARYS, PA
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
St. Marys Area Senior High School is a public school located in SAINT MARYS, PA. It has 664 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
St. Marys Area Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+65 Students
- grade A62 Students
- grade B minus59 Students
- grade B56 Students
- grade B minus46 Students
- grade B minus43 Students
- grade C+37 Students
- grade A minus34 Students
- grade C+32 Students
- grade B31 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near St. Marys Area Senior High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responses
- Friday night football games29%
- Pep Rallies29%
- School dances29%
- Spirit Week7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 8 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$14,064 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 9 responses
Schools like St. Marys Area Senior High School
- grade BRidgway Area High School
- Ridgway Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.41 out of 5 58 reviews
- grade B minusBrockway Area Junior/Senior High School
- Brockway Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.72 out of 5 32 reviews
- grade B minusJohnsonburg Area High School
- Johnsonburg Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.45 out of 5 38 reviews
St. Marys Area Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.7 out of 5 37 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Saint Marys schools pride themselves for having a "world class education with the rural advantage." I would agree with this standard because Saint Marys High School had some pretty amazing opportunities, including highly competitive sports and academics. Specifically, girls' track, cross country, and tennis was always strong, while boys soccer took home a three-peat district title in soccer. As for academics, new technology is always being embraced, and the school offers CNA and EMT courses for the medical-minded individual. Another bonus was getting to have meaningful relationships with my teachers, even in extracurriculars. Although it was not a complete walk in the park, SMAHS was very enjoyable and offered me many great experiences!
St. Marys Area Senior High School is a great school to go to. The teachers and staff are very kind and point you in the right direction. While teachers do spend time developing relationships with students, they can sometimes focus on that more than teaching. There are also a handful of teachers that do not want to be there. Nonetheless, the students are generally very inviting and supportive and are always trying to make the school a better place. Go Dutch!
The teachers and staff are great. They work hard to make the school an enjoyable experience. While there isn’t a lot of diversity, the school makes up for that in other ways. Whether it’s their great athletics or their compassionate teachers. I think St. Marys Area High School is a great choice.