We Believe. Two words that inspired our 12 founding sisters as they welcomed the first students to St. Mary’s Academy in 1859. And today, we still believe.
We believe in developing the whole person, in going to college, in leading and changing the world. We believe in girls who lift each other up. We believe in the values of our Catholic founders, the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary. We believe in social justice. We believe in the artist, the thinker, the dancer, the coder, the athlete, the servant, and the leader—especially the leader. We believe young women are powerful.
St. Mary’s Academy is Oregon's oldest continuously-operating secondary school located in downtown Portland. A nationally recognized school of excellence, St. Mary's is an established Catholic all-girls college-preparatory high school that readies students for the future.
St. Mary's Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-139 Students
- A-122 Students
- A+74 Students
- A66 Students
- A62 Students
- A+56 Students
- A-55 Students
- A-43 Students
- A+40 Students
- A-39 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.39 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.51 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses