COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
SMA is yours to virtually explore this year, with online resources and virtual events with faculty, staff, and student ambassadors. Coming soon: All-Girl High School Virtual Events--9/22, 10/8, 10/17, 11/10, 11/17, 12/2; Coed Middle School (6-8) Virtual Events--10/6, 10/27, 12/8; Coed Lower School (PreK-5) Virtual Events--10/20 & 12/10; Pre-K Virtual Visit--1/12; Kindergarten Virtual Visit--1/14 Learn More
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
St. Mary’s Academy planted its roots on the Colorado frontier in 1864 and continues to inspire leadership. Our founding Loretto School Values of faith, community, justice, and respect transcend time and space. So if you are looking for a community where your child will smile and thrive and help turn challenges into positive change, know that every heart, hand, and mind across our great green campus is ready to welcome you. We are a caring, diverse and inclusive school with inspiring teachers in a culture of mentorship that fosters voice and helps forge pathways for all. Students learn how to think and problem solve, confident in their potential, vested in responsibility to social justice and the health of humankind and the environment, and prepared for possibilities of an ever-changing world. We welcome families of all races, religious traditions and economic backgrounds to a continuous co-ed experience Pre-K to 8 and an all-girls High School, a secure and empowered community.
St. Mary's Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-113 Students
- A-68 Students
- A-56 Students
- A-46 Students
- A32 Students
- A+32 Students
- A+32 Students
- B+29 Students
- A+29 Students
- A25 Students
An Ethos of Problem-Solving
St. Mary's Academy students are taught how to think rather than what to think. Teaching strategies and curriculum challenge students to problem solve, collaborate and innovate. Design thinking is encouraged in every Division classroom and in inspiration/STEAM spaces.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses