- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade unavailable
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Sportsgrade A
Educating girls since 1874, St. Mary Academy – Bay View is an independent, Catholic school serving a diverse population of girls from preschool through grade 12. In the tradition of the Sisters of Mercy, we offer a blended learning curriculum to foster critical thinking in a creative learning environment. We are committed to empowering each student to be a confident, independent, compassionate and socially conscious young woman who fully lives her faith.
St. Mary Academy - Bay View Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B115 Students
- grade A+62 Students
- grade A+50 Students
- grade A minus44 Students
- grade B41 Students
- grade A+38 Students
- grade B38 Students
- grade B minus37 Students
- grade B+37 Students
- grade A+30 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 19 responses
- Spirit Week28%
- Deli Day18%
- Spirit Mixer18%
- Cabaret Musical Theatre10%
- Spirit Week8%
- Dress Down7%
- Senior Pinning Ceremony6%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 21 responses
- Offers Full WeekYes
- Offers Part WeekYes
- Offers Full DayYes
- Offers Part DayNo
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 24 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 11 responses
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade C+
St. Mary Academy - Bay View Reviews
I was involved with primarily involved with sports during my time at BVA, but often found myself helping out with the theater program as well as taking a few art classes. Bay View really strives to have every opportunity to succeeded and flourish open to their students.
Some problems with Bay View as it is an all girls school most students complain about having to attend until the last few months with graduation. This leads to absolutely no school spirit inside or outside school (not including spirit week)
As far as academics, I was extremely prepared for college. The teachers were excellent. They boast about their science and math programs, but honestly they are not all that great. If anything the history, English, and language departments are far stronger and the teachers are excellent.
There is definitely a lot of favoritism for certain sports teams (basketball, crew) & the students who participate in those sports are clear favorite of the administration. As an athlete, I experienced this first hand.
The girls at this school are for the most part very welcoming. The stereotype that an all girls education is full of drama is false. I barely even noticed that it was an all girls school. If anything I felt like it was better than a co-Ed school.