Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
St. Martin High School is a highly rated, public school located in Ocean Springs, MS. It has 1,302 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 43% of students are at least proficient in math and 51% in reading.
St. Martin High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+315 Students
- B-278 Students
- A-258 Students
- B226 Students
- A-167 Students
- A-77 Students
- B77 Students
- A69 Students
- B+55 Students
- B+42 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Schools like St. Martin High School
- BVancleave High School
- Jackson County School District, MS
- 98 reviews
- ABiloxi High School
- Biloxi Public School District, MS
- 234 reviews
- B+Pascagoula High School
- Pascagoula Gautier School District, MS
- 186 reviews
- A-Gulfport High School
- Gulfport School District, MS
- 229 reviews
St. Martin High School Reviews
St. Martin is a great, diverse school! The principals and teachers are very supportive and always try to help in anyways possible. They truly do care about their students’ education and always work their hardest to provide us with the best.
St. Martin High School is a pretty decent school for its size. There are teachers here that care about their students, but they make up the minority. The food served is disappointing and does not take into account the health of the students. I often pick the salads as an acceptable alternative. The rivalry among classes is laughable; pep rallies hosting inter-class tournaments do not the legitimate support to be engaging. The club and activities scene is also subpar. If the school has a BACC club, what is stopping the formation of an LGBTQ+ club? The administration apparently, as testimony from multiple students in several attempts suggests. The saving grace of the school are its students. I have found some of the most important people in my life at this school, and, although this is not an uncommon statement, I believe this reflects onto the student body. Overall, St. Martin is pretty average, but could be alot better in all demensions.
I would definitely rate St.Martin a five star. Everything there is amazing, the academic and administration there is over and beyond. Their staff is amazing and always brings safety first when it comes to school. They always put their students first. They always make school fun and a safe environment. Teachers make sure that their seniors are college ready and know every bit and detail about the real world.