We are a Catholic, Jesuit college-preparatory school for young men, committed to our presence in the city of St. Louis and dedicated to building Christ’s kingdom of truth, justice, love and peace. We serve young men based on their ability to succeed, rather than their economic circumstances.
Through a rigorous academic program, we help our students develop critical minds and a life-long devotion to learning that informs moral choices and transforms lives. We help them develop compassionate hearts by fostering habits of personal prayer, reflection and service for the Greater Glory of God.
Founded in 1818, St. Louis University High School (SLUH) is the oldest private, Catholic high school West of the Mississippi. SLUH is part of a 470-year-old Jesuit tradition of schools known worldwide for their academic excellence and rich spirituality.
SLUH’s focus in its endeavors reflects the Jesuit motto“Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam”, a Latin term meaning “For the Greater Glory of God.”
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A174 Students
- A-114 Students
- A+96 Students
- A64 Students
- A+62 Students
- A-59 Students
- A-57 Students
- A+55 Students
- A-54 Students
- A+52 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.70 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses