St. Lawrence Martyr Elementary School Reviews

You are going to want to do some research on Rev. Chris Cunningham. Be aware of the history before sending your child here. Nobody will tell you beforehand and nobody will mention it until it is too late.
We have had our three children at SLM since 2004, and could not be happier. It is a great blend of Catholic (and just general moral) education with a progressive and rigorous curriculum. The school is more of a community and the families really interact in close and meaningful ways. The teachers are very good, and the academic decathlon program is outstanding (we hold the record for most wins in LA ever). Plus the school and neighborhood is beautiful. In all, I would highly recommend anyone thinking of having their child attend a Catholic school, investigate Saint Lawrence.
St. Lawrence Martyr School is an outstanding school. If you are looking for a solid academic formation and the development of a strong faith foundation for your children, look no further. SLM has it all. The administration, priests, principal, assistant principal, office staff and faculty are dedicated, caring professionals, who have created a safe, nurturing, positive environment for each child to hone their God-given talents and to grow both academically and spiritually. Negative comments below are have no merit whatsoever.
Start Your Review of St. Lawrence Martyr Elementary School
We love SLM! My siblings and I went there (K-8) and now our children attend. It’s a fantastic school with great administration and staff. They truly care about producing well-rounded students, and it’s the best Catholic school in the South Bay. The families are down-to-earth and tight-knit. I’m proud to say I went here, and there’s no where else I’d want to send my kid to school.
We are extremely happy with SLM. We feel like it is the perfect combination of academics and faith education. The teachers and aides at the school are not only great educators but inspiring role models. My daughters have both excelled in this environment. I am pleased with the level of academics.
We also love the SLM community. Families who care about their kids and world around them. In addition, we joined the parish when my daughter started kindergarten. The priests, deacons and anyone associated with the parish have all been welcoming and supportive. There are many activities for families to feel part of this special community.
St. Lawrence Martyr School has been a true blessing for our daughters and our family. As a new family three years ago, we were immediately made to feel welcome by the amazing Catholic community of teachers, administrators, parish priests, deacons and fellow school families! The quality of the education provided is top notch and everybody is motivated and involved in teaching our kids (including parents). We love STLM!!!
My eldest graduated from SLM a few years ago and was well prepared to enter Honors and AP courses in high school. My youngest, who has a special learning need, is still at SLM and is being supported exceedingly well. St. Lawrence Martyr School emits a strong message of Christian charity toward one another. The families are supportive of one another. The teachers and parents work together in the best interest of the children. This is a top notch school in every way.
If you wish to attend a true Catholic elementary school, then go elsewhere. What matters at this school, both to the administration and parents, is who you are, who you know, and how much money your family makes – and if you do not belong to the selected, you and/or your child/ren will be isolated and/or mistreated. Your money is better spent elsewhere – avoid this school
This school has a beautiful campus and excellent facilities and resources. It also has a dark history of children being abused by a priest that has been well documented by the local newspaper and several news sites. Any parent that is considering this school should research on their own the accusations of molestation and the decade long cover-up that was featured in The Daily Breeze.
Caring community and staff with a very small teacher to student ratio for a K-8. Great facilities for science and a state-of-the-art computer lab featuring two 3-D printers.