Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB
St. Lawrence High School is a public school located in Brasher Falls, NY. It has 304 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
St. Lawrence High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-41 Students
- C36 Students
- B-17 Students
- A-15 Students
- C+15 Students
- A+11 Students
- A+10 Students
- A-10 Students
- A9 Students
- A+8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like St. Lawrence High School
- B-Norwood-Norfolk High School
- Norwood-Norfolk Central School District, NY
- 64 reviews
- C+Salmon River Junior/Senior High School
- Salmon River Central School District, NY
- 50 reviews
- C+Saint Regis Falls Central School
- Saint Regis Falls Central School District, NY
- PK, K-12
- 19 reviews
- CBrushton-Moira High School
- Brushton-Moira Central School District, NY
- 33 reviews
St. Lawrence High School Reviews
My experience with St. Lawrence High School is overall very good. The majority of the teachers and staff are fun, friendly and easy to connect with. The staff really does try to make this the best high school experience you can possibly have. They care about your personal life and try to help you with anything any way that they can. The majority of the teachers are very good at doing so and put in the effort to help ensure that you as a student understand what's going on. However what I would like to see change is the amount of help you get when preparing for college and better guidance counselors. College is rarely spoken about and you pretty much have to figure it all out on your own. As for guidance counselors, they aren't very helpful. They don't really listen to the students' needs or help try to answer the students' questions or concerns.
Excellent school. Enjoyed my years there. Met some amazing friends and teachers and had some great times and will cherish the amazing memories through the years! I will take my knowledge with me to college and continue to learn with what I have already learned.
The school is a below average New York school in Upstate New York. The administration is good to an extant. Everything is alright just needs improving. The infrastructure is being redone as of 2020. The teachers are some of the best people you will ever meet besides a few stragglers. The whole school needs more funding most programs are self funded or have very limited resources. The science department does not have proper safety equipment especially in the chemistry laboratory. The music and drama program are mostly self funded , the talent is exceptional and the hard work and drive in the students and the teachers is exceptional.