St. Katharine Drexel Preparatory School Reviews

My experience at Drexel Prep was rocky. I truly believe this school has made a drastic change over the years and not for the best. Although the sisterhood is phenomenal; the order, structure and the way things are ran lacks. The school needs to make a change and start listening to the students for once.
I love “Drexel Prep” ! It taught me how to act like a christian lady. Not only that , but the sisterhood is very strong . The academics is outstanding! Once a prepper always a prepper.
My experience with St. Katharine Drexel Preparatory School has been amazing. I have been enrolled at this institute for over five years and the memories and activities that I have been apart of just makes me so grateful for the opportunity. I loved the time spent at my high school with my friends, staff, and new comers.
Start Your Review of St. Katharine Drexel Preparatory School
After spending my first semester at Xavier, I definitely found it hard to get used to it since it was so different from my previous school. The school offers help from so many different perspectives. Hard work, determination, and passion drove me to finish my semester strong. The school overall encourages me to become a leader to promote a more just society.
My experiences at St. Katharine Drexel Prep was good and loving. I love the times when some teachers taught to their fullest until it was in my brain forever and not just for the moment. I highly appreciate it.
At St. Katharine Drexel Prep High School, we have proven to be family oriented. The young ladies I have attended Prep with have a formed a bond with me and many others; we have gained a sisterhood. At Prep, we become advanced students by our sources of technology, understanding, and college preparatory ways.
St. Katharine Drexel Preparatory School is now known as Xavier University of Louisiana (XULA). XULA is a school that puts a lot of pressure on their students to be the best and prepares students for the real world. The school has a lot of resources and help if you're confused on a lecture or homework. Some teachers/staff are wonderful and there are some who are not. It is a small college and some of the appliances/buildings could use an upgrade.
I like the somewhat sisterly bonding, but I dislike the loud talking and playing heard in the halls during class from the teachers.
My overall experience at St. Katharine Drexel Prep has been very good. The bond between the students and staff is amazing.
I have been here since the 8th grade, and who ever decides to go here, good luck. This school will drive you crazy, and will ring your wallets dry. Don’t let the “We are going to get a scholarship for you!” And “We are a safe NICE school” trick you. If you have a good mindset though, you can make it. Don’t let the students and the teachers negative comments run you away from greatness.
Very limited teacher/class choices, liked the small student to teacher ratio, lots of clubs and activities. I would like better teachers in math and science, central A/C and heat and online books.
SKDP provides me with the tools needed to become successful in life through tutoring, leadership training and a sisterhood that is unbreakable. The teachers, principle, staff and counselors are there when I need them to provide guidance on questions concerning school work and college. They also encourages you to do and be your best.
I enjoyed the friendships that I was able to form. The staff was supportive and it is a family atmosphere. Teachers are encouraging and willing to help you to go well. If I was to change anything, I would like to see the school offer more choices in the curriculum.
I graduated from St Katharine Drexel Preparatory High School in 2017 and I am so glad that I did. Prep is a school built on tradition and high Christian morals. Even though we may not have the best resources, we make up for it in academics and pride!
I am currently entering my senior year at St. Katharine Drexel Preparatory High School, and we are a school whose very roots and founding are about coming over adversity. In my seventh grade year, the school started as St. Katharine Drexel Preparatory after having to leave it's name of Xavier Prep, which existed since 1915. We are not fortunate to have the updated resources of many schools, but we do not let our circumstances hold us back from achieving the goals we wish. In the past 2017-2018 school year, we received two State Championship titles, one in basketball and the other in track. I am blessed to be a fourth generation Prepper and proud that I attend a school that teaches you to use what you have to get the results you desire.
My experience at St. Katharine Drexel Preparatory School was fun, but I did come across some difficult tasks. I am a upcoming senior and I believe St. Katharine Drexel Preparatory School has me for prepared college. I like St. Katharine Drexel Preparatory is that they challenge us. They are preparing each of their students for success in the real world. If I can change or fix anything about St. Katharine Drexel Preparatory it would be to have activities outside of school that involves helping others.
I have attended St. Katherine Drexel for the past three years. In these three years I have been surrounded by several different temperaments. I have been challenged to deal with different personalities as I grow and developed into the person God has selected me to be.
Start Your Review of St. Katharine Drexel Preparatory School
The teachers care about you and your success. I feel like it’s getting students ready for college very well and I am glad that i am glad i am graduating from there.
The all girl environment taught sisterhood, bondage, and love for one another. The prayer life as a daily setting, keep you focused, centered and covered. The fun activities and extra groups to join like band, volleyball, track etc.. help making going to school exciting while learning. The ability to be Preped for college coming in as a new student benifit a college freshmen experience. The time, energy, & effort the staff put into ensuring all students are taking care of in the same manner , builds pride and school spirit.
I've been attending St.Katharine Drexel Preparatory High School since freshman year. It's a very small school with one on one interaction with the teachers because of the smaller classes. Honestly, it's like a second home to me.