St. Joseph-Ogden High School is a highly rated, public school located in Saint Joseph, IL. It has 468 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
St. Joseph-Ogden High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+107 Students
- B-91 Students
- B+79 Students
- B52 Students
- B-31 Students
- B22 Students
- B+22 Students
- A-19 Students
- B-18 Students
- A+17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like St. Joseph-Ogden High School
- BUnity High School
- Tolono Community Unit School District No. 7, IL
- 104 reviews
- BHeritage High School
- Heritage Community Unit School District No. 8, IL
- 2 reviews
- BArmstrong High School
- Public School
- Armstrong, IL
- 13 reviews
- B-Oakwood High School
- Oakwood Community Unit School District No. 76, IL
- 29 reviews
St. Joseph-Ogden High School Reviews
Attending St. Joseph-Ogden High School has been an amazing experience. I love how the close knit community brings people together, allowing students to feel comfortable with who they are. The teachers really go out of their way to help students tap into their inner strengths, encouraging extra help outside of school hours. This stands true for athletic coaches as well as some are both teachers and coaches. I’ve experienced this first hand as my softball coach heard my interest in the field of physical therapy and arranged for me to shadow a physical therapist friend of his. Not to mention he also drive three hours to visit me and my family as I was recovering from a spine surgery. With all of this being said, I am very fortunate undergone my high school career at St. Joseph-Ogden Hugh School. Thank you for this opportunity to be considered as a recipient of this college scholarship award.
I love the openness of the school, they are open to any change that may need to happen. The teachers and counselors are all so kind and they listen to all of the student's requests. They are also not scared of punishments which is a good thing for the troublesome students. They also have many different opportunities for students to participate in extra curricular activities. They have many sports, drama, and they are willing to make new things and anything the students request. I would not suggest making any big changes in the schooling, faculty, or anything else. What the school and administration are doing has been working and makes students and parents happy. The only thing physical I would change is to make the parking lot spaces just a little larger to make "door-dings" not happen as much. Other than that, the school is wonderful and so are the people who work for it.
The best part of Saint Joseph-Ogden High school would be the advanced classes, where I’m with students and friends who actually want to be there to learn. I feel there are tons of students who do not want to be there, including myself occasionally. This high school focuses on mainly sports instead of what is quite important: academics. Therefore, I feel that I’m not ready for college because of the small school with less than 500 students. However, I’m more than eager to leave and go to college.