St. John's Northwestern Military Academy Reviews

St. Johns has helped me grow as a person. This school has helped me learn self-discipline and persistence. There are a lot of wonderful people here and the teachers are always there to support you with anything you need help with.
My son has attended SJNMA since the eighth grade and is now a senior - the school is impeccable in promoting independence and leadership through its military structure. It’s such a unique niche that is the best kept secret! He has grown up to be an amazingly respectful and motivated young adult and we owe a large portion of our child’s success to the school - his experience here has forever changed our family...we are so very grateful!
We were concerned our bright but underachieving son would get lost in the shuffle at a big high school. He was hesitant to leave home but quickly made friends and got used to the routine. In a few short months, we started to see dramatic changes in his attitude and academic performance. He also started trying new sports and extracurricular activities and his confidence soared. Now in his second year, he has a leadership position which is like a part-time job that teaches practical skills and time-management. St. John's gives students the arena to develop into the total person they are capable of becoming - a successful student and young person of character, personal responsibility and integrity. I also like the easy access to faculty and staff who really know my child. The investment to send our son here was a big decision but the school worked with us to make it possible. The results are worth it!
Start Your Review of St. John's Northwestern Military Academy
My son is graduating from St. John's Northwestern this year. His overall growth, maturity and confidence in himself is beyond any measure I could have imagined for him and it is because of this school. In the St. John's environment, my son was encouraged to be self-reliant, to understand how his actions affect others, to take ownership of his mistakes, and learn to better himself from them. I strongly believe that he is well prepared for college as he has learned to be a self-starter - he lives in the dorm among his peers, is responsible for his own assignments and duties, and acts as a mentor for the younger students. He has made lifelong friends here and has found a place to fit in. If you are considering St. John's Northwestern for your child, do not hesitate. You'll be amazed at the growth your son or daughter will experience.
SJNMA saved my life.

SJN gave me all the tools I'd ever need to succeed in life and that it was my own immaturity that kept me from applying those skills.

To any parents who might read this, sending your son (or now daughter) to SJN will be the most difficult thing you or they will ever go through, but I guarantee you won't regret it. There are plenty of schools that offer great educational experiences, but there are very few that can match SJN on building the character and discipline needed to succeed in life.

As I write this, a 35 year old attorney and high school hockey coach, I have no qualms about saying that I owe a majority of who I am as a person to the academy and both the experiences and struggles I had there.

I'm forever a Lancer.
Wonderful private military school. I have nothing else to say. Great organization and structure. Small classes, friendly atmosphere. This school is instilling in its students pride to be a cadet . Boys ( and since 2018 girls as well) have the feeling of belonging to something greater than just another school. They continue the tradition. Academic success is always rewarded. Athletic as well. Great concert band and marching band, choir, pipes and drums. Ranking system amongst cadets teaches them to respect to each other . Many extracurricular activities like volunteering in the community. scuba diving, flight school. This school is especially great for young people who thrive in structured environment
If you're thinking about going here, dont. The culture is terrible here, everyone is always in a bad mood. The kids whose parents donate more to the school are given unfair "promotions" which basically put them in complete charge of the others. There is a diverse culture here, but nobody integrates. Some fun things to do here are spending 8 hours of your weekend cleaning your room and doing pushups and getting yelled by kids younger than you for as much as breathing too loudly. If all this sounds good to you, by all means, go ahead and go here.
It is a prestigious academy in Delafield Wisconsin. The academy provides a variety of opportunity to the cadets. Most importantly, it offers unique leadership exercise, and motivate young people to be better citizens.
Good school. Not much really to be said other than the fact that literally everyone around it is jelous of us and decides to be massivce waffles to us which really brings morale down but thats ok. We can handle it.
Very attentive faculty, staff and Resident Floor Officers. Zero tolerance policy for harassment, discrimination and hazing. A big focus on diversity training for students and staff this year.
I am currently enrolled at Saint Johns Northwestern Military Acaedmy. I have been attending SJNMA since my freshman year.. I am a junior now. Ive been given a tough toll these past few years with my dad passing away from Syringomyelia last year (disorder in which a cyst forms within the spinal cord. This cyst, called a syrinx, expands and elongates over time, destroying a portion of the spinal cord from its center and expanding outward. As a syrinx widens it compresses and injures nerve fibers that carry information from the brain to the extremities. Damage to the spinal cord often leads to progressive weakness in the arms and legs, stiffness in the back, shoulders, arms, or legs, and chronic, severe pain.) Futhermore, SJNMA has become more of home for me than I could ever imagine, providing me with stability, structure and a fantastic support network!
The school took me from an immature teen and laid the foundation for the man I am today.
I never had an issue with Sodexho's food while I attended the academy.
The school's administration is organized, monitored and consistent.
A lot of new renovations took the school out of the 80's and into modern times.
My teacher's were the parents I never had, I love my past teachers. They molded me into the man I am today.
I was an active athlete. I was the class president and president of the National Honor Society, a member of the National German, and Art Honor Societies.
Start Your Review of St. John's Northwestern Military Academy
I wasn't given the same opportunities other students at the academy were given post-graduation. I came from a cash-poor family. The academy gave me the tools to better manage my time, my job and my academics.
You get what you put into it.
Could have never picked a better place to attend.