St. Johns High School is an above average, public, magnet school located in St. Johns, MI. It has 1,025 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 39% of students are at least proficient in math and 73% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A157 Students
- B127 Students
- B+111 Students
- B-101 Students
- A+71 Students
- B+67 Students
- B65 Students
- B57 Students
- B39 Students
- B-38 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 45 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
St. Johns High School Reviews
In Saint Johns Highs School, your learning matters. The teachers are very involved in the learning process, never hesitating to answer questions or give students any additional help they need. The staff is friendly, making it easy as a freshman to ask for help on the first couple of days. If I could change anything about this school, it would be the heating and cooling. In the winter it is unbearably hot, and when the weather warms up, it becomes too cold in the school.
I am going to be a senior at St. Johns High School this year. I have been very involved in many clubs, theater, and sports. There are many options to choose from, and a good fit for almost every student. I have also taken AP and Honors Classes and would say that they provide a challenge for students. Good grades are definitely obtainable if the individual is willing to work hard. Most teachers are willing to work with busy schedules if a student needs help outside of class as well.
I love the music program at the high school. In my high school career I would wake up everyday and look forward to band. It is something I always have enjoyed and I enjoyed it more in high school. The music program at St. Johns High school is different than most schools because the top 3 chairs in symphonic band get the opportunity to play with the orchestra in a symphony. I have been in symphony all 3 years possible in high school. I was second chair my sophomore year and 1st chair my junior and senior year. I also love the opportunity to play in the pit orchestra for the fall musicals which is a great eye opener to how difficult some music can get. As someone who is going to major in music the music program at St. Johns High School has been one of opportunities, fun, and learning. Here at St. Johns High School my education, whether in music or math, has never ceased to grow and I have never ceased to learn new things.