Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade A minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
St. Johns High School is an above average, public, magnet school located in St Johns, MI. It has 950 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 39% of students are at least proficient in math and 71% in reading.
St. Johns High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A219 Students
- grade B173 Students
- grade B+163 Students
- grade B minus150 Students
- grade B minus105 Students
- grade A+102 Students
- grade B+100 Students
- grade B85 Students
- grade B minus52 Students
- grade B minus47 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 55 responses
- Football Games24%
- Marching Band , football games soccer games16%
- The theatre program.7%
- Pep rallies5%
- Senior pranks5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 23 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,951 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 35 responses
Schools like St. Johns High School
- grade BFowler High School
- Fowler Public Schools, MI
- Rating 3.69 out of 5 42 reviews
- grade A minusDeWitt High School
- Dewitt Public Schools, MI
- Rating 3.69 out of 5 172 reviews
- grade B+Laingsburg High School
- Laingsburg Community Schools, MI
- Rating 3.97 out of 5 59 reviews
- grade B+Bath High School
- Bath Community Schools, MI
- Rating 3.71 out of 5 52 reviews
St. Johns High School Reviews
Rating 3.69 out of 5 221 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I loved the atmosphere the St. Johns provided. Teachers are always willing to help students out and build relationships with them. If student a student was passionate about starting a club or activity and brought the idea up to the school leadership, it most often was approved. Personally, I was a part of starting the finding Answers lunch group and the South Sudan Health Care Organization. Overall, a great school that aims to take care of its students and does a great job doing it!
I love my school. They offer excellent arts, sports, and club options. The academic courses offered could be more expansive, especially AP offerings. They need more teachers but don't have the budget. Food is good and student body is spirited and supportive, but diversity is limited due to the small town. I've had a great experience, and the building itself is very nice!
I have enjoyed my experience at this high school because I have developed strong friendships not only with my peers but with some of my teachers as well. If I ever needed to talk about something serious I feel like a have plenty of safe adults that I could turn to. I also feel like many of the teachers at my school are very passionate on what they teach. I personally feel more comfortable and more eager to learn when I can tell that my teacher is excited about the content they are teaching. At times I have a hard time focusing and school can be a struggle for me; however the extra hour known as seminar is very helpful. This time period is used for studying and ability to pass into a class that you may be struggling in for some extra help. This can also help student with problem that students may encounter such as making up tests, getting extra help, or catching up on some homework. Over all this school not only has provided me with knowledge but encouragement to work hard.