Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
St. Johns High School is an above average, public school located in St Johns, AZ. It has 272 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
St. Johns High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A55 Students
- B49 Students
- B39 Students
- A39 Students
- A+28 Students
- B25 Students
- B19 Students
- B-17 Students
- C+13 Students
- B+10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review St. Johns High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
St. Johns High School Reviews
St. Johns is a small town in Northern Arizona. During the Fall my town was a reminiscent of what our country was like in earlier times. Friday night is football night. All the stores and businesses would close and there would be signs on front doors saying that they went off to the game. We had a great football program. We took state two years in a row when I was in high school. The teachers were great! The classes were smaller so there was more of a personal relationship between students and teachers. The theatre arts program was pretty ambitious, we did plays like Les Miserable, Oklahoma, Grease, Bye Bye Birdie, and many others. I loved my high school experience and have made lasting friendships that have lasted over ten years.
Most people are friendly, and there are some good opportunities, such as NAVIT, TALON, and CTE, but there are no AP, IB, or Honors courses offered outside of English. Additional, most classes are taught as if they were online, just working through powerpoints and stuff on Chromebooks that teachers assign.
In the first 2 years of high school they were great. Teachers were amazing and I learned everything I know now and appreciate every teacher who taught me. But in my last two years in high school, I needed help and the counselor did not care that much about my well being. The kids were some what friendly but not very inviting.