Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
St. James High School is an above average, public school located in Vacherie, LA. It has 612 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 78% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
St. James High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-102 Students
- B+99 Students
- C85 Students
- A-75 Students
- B-72 Students
- B46 Students
- C44 Students
- B+39 Students
- B37 Students
- B35 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responses
- Vending machine25%
- Pep rallies13%
- Spirit Week13%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like St. James High School
- BLutcher High School
- St. James Parish Public Schools, LA
- 230 reviews
- C-Donaldsonville High School
- Ascension Parish Public Schools, LA
- 88 reviews
- BThibodaux High School
- Lafourche Parish Public Schools, LA
- 140 reviews
- B-Assumption High School
- Assumption Parish Public Schools, LA
- 55 reviews
St. James High School Reviews
This school offers many opportunities such as dual enrollment, STEM, and other higher level courses. The teachers and staff are extremely friendly and supportive throughout your time at SJH. Not only are the academics key, SJH has great sporting teams. For example, the football team was the 2019 State Champs. In conclusion, I would greatly recommend my school as a great public school option in Louisiana.
St. James High School is a great school to attend. The school academics are amazing. The teachers work with you if you don’t understand something, they’ll make sure you get everything you need in order to be successful.
I love the administration and teacher involvement in student's concerns. Motivation is the key to success and they provide this 100%. Academic support is phenomenal. Dual enrollment courses incorporated is superb!