St. James High School is an above average, public school located in St James, MO. It has 574 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
St. James High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B65 Students
- A-59 Students
- A-46 Students
- C+28 Students
- B22 Students
- B+21 Students
- A-19 Students
- B18 Students
- C17 Students
- B-16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like St. James High School
St. James High School Reviews
As a normal student I suppose I loved the school's appearance. The place looked friendly, from the teacher to the students. However as a gay student my views quickly changed. Homophobic remarks didn't just come from the students, but the teachers too that allowed the students to say whatever they pleased. Support of being homophobic was high with the rudest comments getting the most applause. Overall, it's a decent place... as long as you're not LGBT. That's the catch.
My experience with St.James high school was good because I have learned a lot of news things in the last two years. When ever I was a freshman I had no clue what I wanted to do with my life, the teachers and staff helped me figure out what I wanted to do as well as some help from my local FFA chapter. I have spent a lot of time with my schools FFA chapter to help and benefit it. FFA also allows a lot of different options with technology and mechanics.
Teachers and faculty members were great. Community and parents are very involved. Teachers genuinely care about their students. I’ve never felt more prepared for college. St. James has great sports facilities with the exception of the baseball and softball fields. If I could change one thing it would be to give the baseball and softball athletes a better field.