St. Francis High School is a top rated, private, Catholic school located in Wheaton, IL. It has 782 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. Tuition is $11,500 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 96% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
St. Francis High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+69 Students
- A-66 Students
- A63 Students
- A+61 Students
- A-53 Students
- A53 Students
- A+51 Students
- A+49 Students
- A-47 Students
- A+43 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 47 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
St. Francis High School Reviews
We are relatively new to the Chicago area and chose St. Francis on the recommendation of some middle school parents. It has been a wonderful fit for our daughter. The academics are rigorous and our daughter routinely does a few hours of homework each evening, which is what we wanted. The teachers are up to date on technology use and all students have a surface pro and use One Note extensively. But in addition to the academics St. Francis has a wonderful welcoming culture. Our daughter has so far tried two new sports and the play. Everyone is kind and accepting. The junior and senior girls are wonderful role models and really take the lead in showing the girls what it is to be a Catholic woman in the 21st century: kind and gracious but strong in academics and activities. A wonderful choice!
Making the decision to come to Saint Francis was easily one of the best I have ever made in my life. I attended public school K-8th and I noticed a drastic change in the level of education I received between public and private. The smaller classes allowed my teachers to engage with us and form closer relationships. My favorite thing about Francis is the tight-knit community. I experienced the loss of my father while I attended Francis and I have never felt so supported in my life. Everybody came together--even people I didn't know--to make sure I was doing fine. Yes, just like any other high school Francis has its bumps in the road (hence the 4-star rating, not 5). But, it's well worth the cost and stuff you have to go through while you're there!
St. Francis High School has a truly unique community aspect to it and there is a sense of family and community within the faculty and students. Because of that sense of community, the students and faculty develop a relationship that spans beyond the four years in high school. While the curriculum is very rigorous since it is a college preparatory school, the teachers truly go above and beyond to provide any assistance in order for you to better understand the material. No matter how much or how little you participate in sports, theater, and extracurriculars, you are able to find your group of friends.