Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
St. Francis High School is a top rated, private, Catholic school located in Wheaton, IL. It has 782 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. Tuition is $11,500 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 96% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
St. Francis High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+77 Students
- A72 Students
- A-71 Students
- A+66 Students
- A+64 Students
- A-59 Students
- A56 Students
- A+53 Students
- A-52 Students
- A+51 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
St. Francis High School Reviews
We are relatively new to the Chicago area and chose St. Francis on the recommendation of some middle school parents. It has been a wonderful fit for our daughter. The academics are rigorous and our daughter routinely does a few hours of homework each evening, which is what we wanted. The teachers are up to date on technology use and all students have a surface pro and use One Note extensively. But in addition to the academics St. Francis has a wonderful welcoming culture. Our daughter has so far tried two new sports and the play. Everyone is kind and accepting. The junior and senior girls are wonderful role models and really take the lead in showing the girls what it is to be a Catholic woman in the 21st century: kind and gracious but strong in academics and activities. A wonderful choice!
I graduated in 2020 after attending all four years. I made sure that I would come back to leave a review. I loved attending St. Francis and made many close friends that I'm sure I will keep in touch with. The course load was flexible and could be adjusted to an easier or more extreme course load. I was invested in many clubs and sports. I felt that there is a wide variety of clubs catering to different personalities. Over time I realized why alumni loved it and why I felt Francis became home. In my experiences St. Francis really provided a sense of community. I believe that anyone's mental health should be taken seriously, and I felt like junior and senior year retreats really help with mental health. Both retreats are powerful, but Kairos (senior year retreat) was almost life changing and really changed my outlook on life. My final review on Francis is that overtime society changes and uses more technology. St. Francis adapts very well, being a Microsoft Test School.
As a senior getting ready to graduate, I can attest to how great of a school St. Francis is. I have spent four years here, and I've loved every minute of it. Not only is the education great, but the people are so kind, intelligent, and inspiring. I have met some incredible teachers along the way, as well as devoted and hard-working staff members, and finally, have made some lifelong friends. St. Francis pays close attention to keeping their teachers, students, and staff happy and healthy, and I really appreciate that. The atmosphere of St. Francis is always positive, and the community really does give you a sense of family.