- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade C+
- College Prepgrade B+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C minus
- Sportsgrade B
On September 8, 1941 St. Edward HS opened its doors to 42 freshmen and 40 sophomore men and women for the first time.
The Rockford Diocese acquired the G. P. Lord School in 1941, which was originally built in 1877 as a public grade school. St. Edward HS opened later that year with eight classrooms and a cafeteria. The school was named St. Edward in honor of the patron saint of Bishop Edward Hoban and dedicated on the eve of the Feast of St. Edward, October 12, 1941. Four sisters of the order of St. Dominic from Adrian, Michigan provided the faculty for the school. Tuition was five dollars a month.
Since its humble beginnings St. Edward students have won awards in every academic area from speech to science. They have excelled on sports teams as well. St. Edward students have volunteered their services to a great variety of charitable and service organizations.
St. Edward Central Catholic High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus68 Students
- grade A minus58 Students
- grade A+47 Students
- grade B minus45 Students
- grade A+43 Students
- grade B41 Students
- grade B+41 Students
- grade B39 Students
- grade A+38 Students
- grade A33 Students
St. Edward Central Catholic High School offers several opportunities for prospective students and their families to learn more about our school.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 12 responses
- Sporting Events22%
- Pep rallies18%
- Spirit Week7%
- Fine Arts Festival4%
- Pep rallies2%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 19 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 11 responses
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B minus