St. Dominic Savio Catholic High School is a top rated, private, Catholic school located in Austin, TX. It has 390 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. Tuition is $11,400 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 95% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
St. Dominic Savio Catholic High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+58 Students
- A+49 Students
- B+28 Students
- A-26 Students
- A25 Students
- A-21 Students
- A-19 Students
- A-15 Students
- A+14 Students
- A14 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 26 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review St. Dominic Savio Catholic High School
St. Dominic Savio Catholic High School Reviews
What a wonderful school! The principal leads with a level of energy and expertise that is contagious throughout the community of students, faculty, and families. It has the perfect mix of arts and stem education and is welcoming to all students, regardless of religious, ethnic, or economic background. The campus is beautiful and it has a manageable student body where kids can find their place and have opportunities to meet new people, however, are not lost in a school of 1000-2000+ kids with varying and often competing needs. Savio boasts a fabulous, college-prep education where tech is utilized to compliment studies-not replace them. Critical thinking is encouraged. We've been extremely happy with the education, support, and overall high school experience Savio has provided our children. Worth the investment!
The school itself may be small, but that just means more one-on-one time with teachers. It also means that everyone gets to know each other and become one big family. There are multiple clubs and extracurriculars you can join, but not as many as you would see in a public school. The sports teams aren't the best, but the energy at games is pretty good. Academics are more challenging than you would see at a public school, but if you find it too challenging, teachers are available to answer questions and there are always other students that you can talk to. That being said, the academics are part of the school's strong suit. Since this is a Catholic school, there are masses held, Adoration, and retreats (these are really fun). One of the required courses is Theology which I find very thought provoking. If you're not Catholic, don't sweat it, Savio is very welcoming.
St. Dominic Savio CHS provides the community a place for bright students to shine, pursue various hobbies and STEM academics, and grow in their faith. The school becomes a family and the teachers are always willing to challenge and encourage their students. The sports teams always do very well, and personally I loved playing on the Tennis team. Even activities such as the Spring Musical allow the student a chance to learn how to balance their time and step outside of themselves to create a character. There was a heart for service as well. The Junior "street retreat" is just one place where students learn to see the world through someone else's eyes- those of the homeless. Overall, St. Dominic Savio is a wonderful place to continue one's lifelong goals of academia and growth.