Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
St. Charles West High School is a highly rated, public school located in St Charles, MO. It has 686 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
St. Charles West High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-68 Students
- B64 Students
- A45 Students
- B-44 Students
- B41 Students
- C+39 Students
- B+38 Students
- B-33 Students
- A-31 Students
- B+28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 39 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like St. Charles West High School
- BSt. Charles High School
- St. Charles R-VI School District, MO
- 166 reviews
- B+Fort Zumwalt East High School
- Fort Zumwalt R-II School District, MO
- 183 reviews
- A-Timberland High School
- Wentzville R-IV School District, MO
- 253 reviews
- C+McCluer North High School
- Ferguson-Florissant R-II School District, MO
- 344 reviews
St. Charles West High School Reviews
As far as academics go, the school provides several Honors, AP, and College courses along with friendly teachers and faculty members that support the students throughout their education. It is quite easy to start a club from my experience and some of the clubs include the Art Club, Black Student Union, and the Key Club. Each student can be supplied with a chromebook at the beginning of their school year if they have paid a fee. The school itself is filled with books and computers, so resources are quite plentiful and of decent quality. However, the mascot is a Native American, which I personally feel is a bit problematic seeing as there is a low population of Native American students. While I cannot speak for Native Americans, I personally do not find a culture to be an appropriate theme for a school. There are many windows in the school, making me feel a bit unsafe within its walls. The school has had issues in regards to vaping and general misconduct in the past.
In my experience, the staff truly cares about the needs and the future endeavors of the students. There are so many opportunities to explore interests and get involved. The students are exposed to a fabulous education, and well as functions that create bonds and memories. High school should be a healthy balance of acquiring knowledge, gaining confidence, and doing things that make you happy. St. Charles West definitely is succeeding in all areas.
I am a student that attends St. Charles West High School and I will be graduating 6/2/2019. I have attended many different schools from elementary through high school in Missouri and I would have to that SCW is one of the best schools that I seen. SCW has a wonderful, friendly staff that engage with students and make sure that the students understand and know the curriculum. They have an amazing library filled with plenty of books and computers for the students to use in or after school. They have many clubs for students to join and partake in. Also, SCW and SCH has a great program with children with special needs. My brother who has special needs attends SCH and they not only spend one on one time with him but they check up on him and have IEP meeting with my mother and father. I strongly recommend anyone who is trying to figure out join/sign up their son or daughter to SCW or SCH.