St. Charles North High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+134 Students
- A+99 Students
- A98 Students
- B+95 Students
- A-78 Students
- A-77 Students
- B72 Students
- B71 Students
- A+65 Students
- A-64 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 87 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.49 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.52 responses
Schools like St. Charles North High School
- A+St. Charles East High School
- St. Charles Community Unit School District No. 303, IL
- 411 reviews
- ABatavia High School
- Batavia Public School District 101, IL
- 409 reviews
- A+Geneva Community High School
- Geneva Community Unit School District No. 304, IL
- 318 reviews
- A+Wheaton North High School
- Community Unit School District No. 200, IL
- 280 reviews
St. Charles North High School Reviews
St. Charles North is an amazing school. Although the courses are rigorous, the teachers are positive and willing to provide support. Numerous resources are additionally available for struggling students, such as the Writing Center, the Math Lab, and Peer Tutoring. There is a chance for everyone to get involved. From Model UN to Football, the activities and sports are endless, which provides students an ample opportunity to meet new people, have fun, and make memories. Although St. Charles North High School is filled with academic and social opportunities, it is not culturally diverse. There have been attempts to infuse more culture into St. Charles North, such as the creation of the Indian Student Association, but there are no other cultural groups or activities to inform the North Star community about their cultures. With more cultural groups, St. Charles North would be able to promote a more open, accepting, and diverse environment.
Attended from 2012-2016. Lots of opportunities--academic, sports, social, clubs, volunteering. Definitely had a good high school experience. Many AP classes offered and taught by excellent teachers who really care about your success. I'm a sophomore in college now and got out of quite a few classes because of AP. The district is recognized as one of the best in IL and from my experience, North was well funded. Overall, North made me a better student and person and prepared me for college life.
As far as academics and college readiness, this school is great. The atmosphere, on the other hand...not so much. They make it seem as though every kid is going to fail in college, that a small mistake can ruin your entire life. This school fails to realize that that is what life is: a series of mistakes. A single mistake is something to learn from, not a deciding factor of your life being a failure. There is so much pressure place on students that almost all of my friends have anxiety, depression, and insomnia. One thing I have learned: college is the most important thing, and personal health does not matter.