St. Charles North High School is a highly rated, public school located in St Charles, IL. It has 2,027 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 50% in reading.
St. Charles North High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+156 Students
- B+115 Students
- A+113 Students
- A106 Students
- A-92 Students
- A-89 Students
- B86 Students
- B84 Students
- A+83 Students
- A-74 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 94 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.52 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.55 responses
Schools like St. Charles North High School
- A+St. Charles East High School
- St. Charles Community Unit School District No. 303, IL
- 425 reviews
- ABatavia High School
- Batavia Public School District 101, IL
- 429 reviews
- A+Geneva Community High School
- Geneva Community Unit School District No. 304, IL
- 322 reviews
- A+Wheaton North High School
- Community Unit School District No. 200, IL
- 297 reviews
St. Charles North High School Reviews
Over the four years I attended St Charles North High School, I was a bit of a wallflower, I didn't grasp at any of the provided opportunities, and activities that I could have been apart of. This being said, my personal experience with North was through other students and friends eyes. They told me about so many different clubs, associations and sports they were apart of, and how happy and fulfilling it made them. As for education, I could not have asked for a better school. Although challenging, the courses I took at North were perfectly taught and prepared me for upcoming exams and obstacles during my first year of college. Almost every teacher was respectful, helpful and determined to better the community of the school with knowledge. Overall, I was pleasantly content with everything North offered me, and am so thankful that I attended.
The school is very judgmental and unsupportive if you aren't perfect. The administration is basically a massive joke and doesn't care about the students. However, the teachers are for the most part great, except for some explorer classes where the teachers seem to be making it up as they go along. It is also unsafe as they do not provide support, tolerate bullies, and former students can easily sneak in. They badley need a field house but instead wast money on a turf field, and sports are very unfair between girls and boys. There is good acdemic recorces but one of the conclers littrley told me that high school doesnt really matter and they admin is overall very rude and uncaring towards the students.
SCN is mainly a very good high school. The teachers genuinely care about their students and only encourage moving forward. They always want the best for their students and will do anything to help them succeed. The school has a variety of classes to choose from based on ones interests, which is important. If I could change one thing, it would be the counselors. Personally, I believe they should get more involved in the junior/senior grade level because of determining future plans. There are too many kids, and too few counselors to help guide them onto the right path.