St. Charles North High School is a highly rated, public school located in St Charles, IL. It has 2,001 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
St. Charles North High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+144 Students
- A+108 Students
- B+103 Students
- A103 Students
- A-87 Students
- A-84 Students
- B82 Students
- B79 Students
- A+73 Students
- A-69 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 91 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.50 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.53 responses
Schools like St. Charles North High School
- A+St. Charles East High School
- St. Charles Community Unit School District No. 303, IL
- 416 reviews
- ABatavia High School
- Batavia Public School District 101, IL
- 418 reviews
- A+Geneva Community High School
- Geneva Community Unit School District No. 304, IL
- 320 reviews
- A+Wheaton North High School
- Community Unit School District No. 200, IL
- 285 reviews
St. Charles North High School Reviews
St. Charles North is an amazing school. Although the courses are rigorous, the teachers are positive and willing to provide support. Numerous resources are additionally available for struggling students, such as the Writing Center, the Math Lab, and Peer Tutoring. There is a chance for everyone to get involved. From Model UN to Football, the activities and sports are endless, which provides students an ample opportunity to meet new people, have fun, and make memories. Although St. Charles North High School is filled with academic and social opportunities, it is not culturally diverse. There have been attempts to infuse more culture into St. Charles North, such as the creation of the Indian Student Association, but there are no other cultural groups or activities to inform the North Star community about their cultures. With more cultural groups, St. Charles North would be able to promote a more open, accepting, and diverse environment.
St. Charles North High School is like no other. A blue ribbon school that always excels in academics and sports (especially this year). The excellence in sports this year was amazing, made my senior year even more exciting. We had our girls volleyball team, boys soccer teams, swim team, golf team all go to state. This year was the first time girls volleyball and boys soccer went to state and it was exciting to watch because I had best friends on the team. But overall, these four years have been a great learning experience. At St. Charles North, I learned how to socialize, how to study correctly, how to make friends with different types of people, etc. Also, high school sports are way different than middle school sports, especially at St Charles North. At this school, the spirit for our school sports is unreal and I’m glad to be able to witness it (being a member on the basketball team)
Overall, St. Charles North High School is a great school with supportive teachers where you will be sure to receive a great education. There is a great assortment of AP and Honors Courses, high test scores, engaged teachers, and a fantastic music program. My only criticisms are that the athletic community far outweighs the importance of all other communities and the homework load is very large compared to other schools in the Chicago suburban area.