St. Bernard’s Academy sits in the heart of one of the most beautiful places in the world — 2018 Lonely Planet named California’s Redwood Coast, primarily Humboldt County, the #1 destination in the United States to visit. Our science department took over 140 field trips last year to take advantage of the learning opportunities just outside our door.
Our talented teachers love challenging students to make a difference in the classroom and in the community. Senator McGuire awarded St. Bernard’s “The Golden Can” award for our efforts collecting food for the poor.
We send our graduates to universities all over the country — from Yale to UC San Diego to the University of Washington to Humboldt State.
Students can earn college credit at SBA by taking College of the Redwood classes right on campus. Our advanced placement teachers will also prepare you for college credit scores on the AP exams.
Be a student leader, play multiple sports, act in a school play, and join your favorite clubs.
St. Bernard's Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+20 Students
- A+19 Students
- A+14 Students
- A+13 Students
- A13 Students
- B-12 Students
- A-12 Students
- A11 Students
- A10 Students
- A-9 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses