Springfield High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+119 Students
- A-119 Students
- A-95 Students
- B+78 Students
- A70 Students
- A+46 Students
- A+38 Students
- B-36 Students
- A34 Students
- B32 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Schools like Springfield High School
- AJenkintown Middle/High School
- Jenkintown School District, PA
- 40 reviews
- APhoenixville Area High School
- Phoenixville Area School District, PA
- 116 reviews
- AUpper Dublin High School
- Upper Dublin School District, PA
- 208 reviews
- AEast High School
- West Chester Area School District, PA
- 227 reviews
Springfield High School Reviews
Review Springfield High School
Springfield High School is a decent public school. There is a fair amount of diversity and the staff tends to be a mixed bag. Academically, it is what you make it. If you, as a student, are willing to challenge yourself then you will be ready for college. If not, then it's safe to assume nobody else will do it for you. There are many clubs and activities and there is a new building being created soon!
I think that although Springfield High School does offer students a lot of great opportunities, has tons of clubs and activities, has amazing academics, and many great teachers, the administration needs to work on hearing what the students are trying to say and connecting with them. There are also many teachers who do not care about the students, or at least do not show that they do. I know a large amount of the student body who feel extremely stressed due to the amount of homework and pressure put on them, but have no one to talk to about their stress and how they can reduce it. Springfield High School is so concerned with trying to make the students ready for college, and score the highest on every test that they forget that their students are humans who can only take so much stress. Springfield High School is a great high school, they just need to stop treating their students like numbers based on their test scores.
Teachers can easily adapt to the needs of any student and mend their teaching styles in a manner to effectively deliver content to the students. Each and every one of the teachers truly cares about the students, the school, the district, and the subject they teach. They truly are passionate about what they do and teach. They leave a positive impact on students and students are often inspired by what the teachers teach, their passions, and personalities. Overall, the quality of teachers is phenomenal. The teachers have a variety of teaching styles they can use to fit the needs of each student. Overall, all the various teaching styles of teachers create a perfect harmony with the environment in which people learn. The teachers are very prepared to teach students and are always up to date on the content. They always constantly teach themselves new material so that they can effectively relay it to students and teach students more and more every time. Overall, all teachers have a wide expanse of knowledge to offer. All teachers express high interest in students. They always check in on students to see if everything is alright. The teachers care for the students' educational experience and execute their job in the most effective way. Overall, all teachers care and express high interest in students. Moreover, the teachers possess excellent communication skills. They constantly communicate with students appropriately in person and via emails. They effectively communicate with other staff and parents as well. Overall, the teachers have excellent communication skills. Teachers strive to abide by state tests and standardized test rubrics within classrooms to establish consistency in grading. Overall, teachers grade effectively and consistently.