Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesD+
Springfield High School is a public school located in Springfield, OR. It has 1,391 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 24 to 1. According to state test scores, 13% of students are at least proficient in math and 54% in reading.
Springfield High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-244 Students
- A-171 Students
- C148 Students
- B88 Students
- B-57 Students
- A-56 Students
- B-37 Students
- A36 Students
- B33 Students
- B-32 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like Springfield High School
- B-Thurston High School
- Springfield School District, OR
- 229 reviews
- BNorth Eugene High School
- Eugene School District, OR
- 336 reviews
- B+Churchill High School
- Eugene School District, OR
- 312 reviews
- BWillamette High School
- Bethel School District, OR
- 243 reviews
Springfield High School Reviews
I can assure you that it is a very good school, the teachers are very kind and understandable and help you in whatever way you can, there is always some interesting school activity in the semester. It has various clubs, activities, and sports that other schools may not have. The school also provides a variety of college-level opportunities (dual-enrollment, AP classes). Many students are also open minded, so you will always find a group to fit into. If you are a good student and show dedication, the teachers and staff will very happily give you all the resources and opportunities they can. The academic load is not too high, or difficult. The only problem I see is the lack of high-level academic resources in the school zone. Besides that, a very good school.
Springfield High School offers a variety of classes to prepare students for life after high school. There are elective classes that give students a taste of different careers. The performing arts department, includes award winning chorale, bands, orchestra, and theater. The medical professions program, prepares students for employment opportunities in the medical field. Starting this year students can earn their CNA ( Certified Nursing Assistant) license while in high school as well as a variety of hands on training. The teachers at Springfield High are dedicated to inspiring and assisting students to achieve their goals and succeed in life. Athletic programs are top notch and inspiring. Overall, Springfield is a very well rounded and balanced experience. This past years student experience even included the student body coming together to break a Guinness Book of World Records for the most high fives given in one minute. I highly recommend Springfield High School.
SHS is a unique school in that it represents so many aspects of any person who may go there. Many diverse cultures have the ability to be represented in the Multicultural Student Association, while the school provides for CTE work and careers. Clubs regarding health, such as our SODA (Students Opposed to Drugs and Alcohol) Club and Operation H2O meet once a week as well. There is a lot this school has to offer!