Spring Valley High School is a public school located in Spring Valley, NY. It has 1,230 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 89% in reading.
Spring Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C139 Students
- A+84 Students
- A-77 Students
- B74 Students
- A-64 Students
- B+55 Students
- B54 Students
- B50 Students
- C48 Students
- A48 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like Spring Valley High School
- B-Ramapo High School
- East Ramapo Central School District, NY
- 178 reviews
- BDwight Morrow High School/Academies at Englewood
- Englewood Public School District, NJ
- 284 reviews
- C+Peekskill High School
- Peekskill City School District, NY
- 125 reviews
- B-M.S./H.S. 141 - Riverdale/Kingsbridge Academy
- New York City Geographic District No. 10, NY
- 131 reviews
Spring Valley High School Reviews
Any experience is what you choose to make of it. In SVHS, of course, much room can be made for improvement. Unfortunately, there isn't a wide range of academic programs to choose from; your schedule can only be so diverse. Extracurricular activities are constantly on the chopping block. Areas that are in constant use i.e. the auditorium and bathrooms are in poor shape..Due to a lack of proper funding, we struggle. However, in the same light, it is here at SVHS where you are sure to find some of the most innovative minds and passionately-driven spirits. The staff and administration are constantly working towards benefiting the students. They meet the students where they're at and work to multiply their skill set. They give their students their BEST efforts. And they're not in the business of giving up easily. The SVHS staff, administration and students alike are constantly working towards becoming the best versions of themselves.
My experience at Spring Valley High school is not so bad. What I really like and enjoy about being a current senior at Spring Valley High is that I am open to many opportunities of clubs and activities open to many diverse students and grade levels. Something I would prefer to change about the school would be our school ground choice of food in the lunchroom, and our safety as students in the school area. There is an adequate lack of respect for us as students and for teachers as well. There is a lack of protection that most security's at our school do not provide for us students. There should be better planned strict rules set out specifically for the students, that the students will be able and understand to comprehend and accept to go by the rule that would not be able under any circumstance be tolerated to be broken.
Spring Valley opened my eyes on diversity. I believe no one in the school is afraid to be themselves. We have a wide range of classes that enhance students to be greater and also for them to find talents they can evolve from. Spring Valley adminstration though sometimes maybe very frustrating, they always pull through with wonders to teach the student about rising about their sircumstances. Over the years our school has made a name for itself between our sports program aswell as our drama and art. Spring Valley Highschool has a widespread design for indulging in a students interest and finding out how they can develope the student into what they want to make out of their interest. Like me for example this year I picked up on Graphic Design , it’s a continuation of computer design that I took the year before. My love for Architecture has widen ever since. I’ve learned to successfully use Adobe Flash Photoshop aswell as AutoCad.