Spring Lake High School is a highly rated, public school located in Spring Lake, MI. It has 859 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Spring Lake High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+160 Students
- A158 Students
- A+113 Students
- B+71 Students
- B65 Students
- B63 Students
- A-46 Students
- C40 Students
- B-34 Students
- A-31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 32 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Spring Lake High School
- ANorth Muskegon High School
- North Muskegon Public Schools, MI
- 103 reviews
- A-Grand Haven High School
- Grand Haven Area Public Schools, MI
- 305 reviews
- BCoopersville High School
- Coopersville Area Public School District, MI
- 257 reviews
- A-Mona Shores High School
- Mona Shores Public School District, MI
- 262 reviews
Spring Lake High School Reviews
Spring Lake High School is an excellent school that is focused on preparing teens for their next steps in life, college. Spring Lake is academically focused and the faculty members strive to ensure students get a good education. Spring Lake also has amazing sports teams, clubs, and activities. Spring Lake provides many elective options and a wide variety of sports to choose to participate in. They have numerous college-bound programs such as AP classes, IB classes, Dual Enrollment, and Early College. Each one of these programs allows students to be challenged with higher level thinking material. Spring Lake High School is in a safe, friendly, and close-knit community and the school works hard to provide a fun yet educating experience for the upcoming generations.
Highly academically motivated teachers and students. Situated just north of the Grand River, 20 minutes from Lake Michigan. Division 2, less than 900 students, variety of clubs and extracurricular activities. Closest city is Grand Rapids to the east. Ample parking, great community fitness and aquatic center connected stage left to the high school. A bit of a more so well to do uppity community, I dislike how some students do unlawful happenings in the restrooms.
At Spring Lake High School students are given the opportunity to succeed. While people can be very similar and we tend to live in a little bubble it can be hard to set yourself apart from others. Due to money differences than many others in my area, it is hard to keep up with all of the social "norms". In Spring Lake, in general, it is hard to be surrounded by people who all have money and do not see the value in working hard to earn things.