Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Spring Lake High School is a highly rated, public school located in Spring Lake, MI. It has 871 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Spring Lake High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A219 Students
- B+212 Students
- A+156 Students
- B+101 Students
- B-89 Students
- B84 Students
- A-75 Students
- C53 Students
- B-46 Students
- A-42 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Spring Lake High School
- ANorth Muskegon High School
- North Muskegon Public Schools, MI
- 105 reviews
- A-Grand Haven High School
- Grand Haven Area Public Schools, MI
- 325 reviews
- BCoopersville High School
- Coopersville Area Public School District, MI
- 270 reviews
- A-Mona Shores High School
- Mona Shores Public School District, MI
- 279 reviews
Spring Lake High School Reviews
Spring Lake High School was one of the best high schools I could have gone to in the state of Michigan, or country for that matter. The academics are in the top 1-2% nationwide, with wonderful athletics and extracurricular activities. They have tons of clubs and organizations to join, as well as an ample amount of networking and opportunities available to students to help grow into their future in college or the real world. They have specific programs there that no other schools have and are enriching in one's learning experiences. They have the option for upperclassmen to be a student teacher in elementary classrooms, a large National Honors Society chapter that volunteers consistently, an anti bullying organization, and a diversity club that travels to local Universities and Colleges for seminars twice a year as well as working within the school. The only negative about SLHS is the size. Student body remains small with little diversity in the first place which feeds into cliques.
As a current high school senior, my experience at Spring Lake High School was great. The staff on board are always friendly and supportive and offer students many opportunities to grow as individuals. Particularly, the athletic programs offered are outstanding. There are countless sports offered, and even clubs that make it so effortless to get involved. Through athletics at Spring Lake High School I have grown as a person and as a teammate. I would not trade these friendships that I have made through athletics for the world, and I highly encourage all students to try a sport. Spring Lake High School's Athletics has overall made their school way above average, and will continue to be a highlight among their students lives for years to come.
I have been in Spring Lake Public School for my entire Education. I love so much about Spring Lake, I feel like I get many opportunities every time I walk through their doors. I have been in amazing clubs and learned so much about helping our community. When you go to Spring Lake High school, you really get out of it how much you put in. One thing I would change about Spring Lake would be much more diversity. It is difficult to meet someone who doesn't come from the same background as you. Other than that, I do consider myself a PROUD laker who has been helped a lot through teachers, faculty, and admission throughout my years. I am sad to say I only have one left, but treasure the time I had at my school and am excited to learn more and bigger things.