Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Spring Grove Area High School is an above average, public school located in Spring Grove, PA. It has 1,172 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 76% of students are at least proficient in math and 79% in reading.
Spring Grove Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+121 Students
- B-115 Students
- A73 Students
- B63 Students
- A-63 Students
- B62 Students
- B49 Students
- A+43 Students
- B-42 Students
- B38 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 50 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like Spring Grove Area High School
- B+South Western Senior High School
- South Western School District, PA
- 142 reviews
- A-Manchester Valley High School
- Carroll County Public Schools, MD
- 194 reviews
- A-Dallastown Area Senior High School
- Dallastown Area School District, PA
- 382 reviews
- BRed Lion Area Senior High School
- Red Lion Area School District, PA
- 225 reviews
Spring Grove Area High School Reviews
I would like to see better resources for college, and more guidance in picking a college. I think that the system of how things are done should be better. The teachers are amazing, at least the ones I’ve had, and are very supportive and understanding. They have helped me in school, but emotionally through my times of need and were very understanding. The sports are average, but spirit is very high. There are many opportunities for clubs in school and out of school. The lunch ladies are the sweetest women ever. Super sweet! I have developed such a relationship with all of them in just three years of being at the high school. Their words are so kind. It’s the little things. They also try and improve in any way that they can. It’s amazing!
Spring Grove Area High School is a great place to learn! There are so many fun and interesting classes that are available to students and the environment created for students is incredible. I enjoyed every year in high school and I'm so grateful for all of the teachers and faculty who work so hard for us.
I've only attended this school for two years and it has by far been the best school yet! I've met so many wonderful people here and the teachers are dedicated ad understanding. The atmosphere is very open and lighthearted. The only thing that I would change is the lack of school spirit.