Sprayberry High School is a highly rated, public school located in Marietta, GA. It has 1,693 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 41% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Sprayberry High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B422 Students
- A+375 Students
- B331 Students
- B+211 Students
- A+152 Students
- B+121 Students
- A+110 Students
- B-95 Students
- C+95 Students
- B71 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.37 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.37 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 135 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.60 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.62 responses
Sprayberry High School Reviews
Sprayberry is incredibly diverse, and everyone is so welcoming of it! Ask anyone at Sprayberry what they love most about it and they will tell you that it’s the diversity. Everyone is surrounded by so many cool cultures and ethnicities and you’re able to make amazing friendships.
I attended Sprayberry for the last 2.5 years of my high school career and graduated in May 2019. The school does have some things going for it, such as a great culture around spirit weeks and also a pretty great sports community. However, a lot of the staff are subpar, particularly administration. I never received so much as detention or warning during my entire time in the k-12 system, so these people knew nothing about me. Administrators at Sprayberry talk to you like you are inferior, a child, incompetent and do not treat you with respect. At graduation, staff members were flirting inappropriately while helping me find the venue. Also, a lot of the teachers just want to do the bare minimum and cover themselves academically, and don't offer much support when asked. Counselors could also improve college prep as well. Overall, I did not have a good experience but if you just do what you know you need to do and be responsible then you'll be fine.
I truly enjoyed my experience at Sprayberry High School. Because I was a very discerning person, I did not find myself in a lot of social drama. As far as the school itself, it truly is a "melting pot" and the staff there treated it as such. Education-wise, my teachers were good at what they did. They were approachable and I'd say that because of my respect for them, we had a pretty good relationship! Coming from a homeschool environment into that of Sprayberry, especially the size of the school, was a smooth and comfortable transition.