Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Spokane High School is an above average, public school located in Spokane, MO. It has 214 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 85% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Spokane High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B51 Students
- C+29 Students
- A-29 Students
- B23 Students
- B+21 Students
- A-20 Students
- B-15 Students
- C15 Students
- A-12 Students
- C11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 3 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
Spokane High School Reviews
I would say my experience at Spokane High School has been very good. I come from a home school background so I had my reservations about attending public school. However, spending my last two years of high school at Spokane was an amazing choice and if I could do it all over again I would. There are a number of fantastic teachers who really invest in the students and care about their education. Spokane also has a rich history and fun traditions to go along with it. I would highly recommend this school to a student who is looking to have a hands-on high school experience with lots of community involvement.
My experience in Spokane has been a rocky one. We had a great Principal my freshman and sophmore years, but after he left he was replaced by an individual that favored athletes heavily. He let several cases of sexual assualt happen. Our school now faces many lawsuits that are leavibg our already bankrupt schools even deeper in debt. They have started to cut music and arts programs to make up the deficit, but do not cease in spending money on athletics or other frivilous thingsm the teachers are great and make due with what little materials they have. I feel that my education would have been better if they were given the text books abd items needed to help me as a student learn. Unfortunately the school is just too small to make any substantial spending money. Which causes the teachers and students to suffer.
The school has several teachers who would do anything for their students to make sure that they succeed. The administration, however, has only one focus and that focus is to make money from a failing athletic program which usually leads to the few teachers that are actually trying to help their students get sidelined or sometimes flat out prohibited from certain activities. There are some teachers at the high school that do very little to help their students which often leads to the teachers that do try to help students having to reteach subjects that the students should have already been exposed to in prior classes. Making it harder for the actual subject of the class to be taught, which is a shame because most of the classes where the teachers would be forced to do this were classes intended to prepare the students for college.