Spiro High School is an above average, public school located in Spiro, OK. It has 300 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Spiro High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+77 Students
- C+74 Students
- A66 Students
- A63 Students
- B-45 Students
- B40 Students
- A-39 Students
- A27 Students
- C21 Students
- B+21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 11 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Spiro High School Reviews
Spiro is a great school. The teachers and faculty members always greet you with a smile. They are more than happy to help you with anything, rather it be school, family, or relationship problems. Spiro is not a big town so the school doesn't have much funding, which leads to poorer classroom conditions.
Spiro High School does not have much to offer, but it is overall a good school. You get to know the teachers on a personal level because it is such a small building. However I wish there were more classes offered such as Art, French, and AP classes.
I like that I have went to Spiro school my whole life. I have a lot of friends there and I love my teachers. They truly do care about their students and their well being. If I had one thing to change about my school it would be the lunches. Some of the food is okay but it could be a lot better!