Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A
- Sportsgrade A+
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A
Spencerport High School is a highly rated, public school located in Spencerport, NY. It has 1,147 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 93% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Spencerport High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus168 Students
- grade A minus140 Students
- grade A minus125 Students
- grade B+113 Students
- grade A80 Students
- grade A minus73 Students
- grade A+72 Students
- grade C68 Students
- grade B64 Students
- grade A+63 Students
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 52 responses
- Sporting events27%
- Homecoming Dance15%
- Pep Rallies13%
- Talent Shows10%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$22,230 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 25 responses
Schools like Spencerport High School
- grade AWebster-Schroeder High School
- Webster Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.64 out of 5 227 reviews
- grade AHilton High School
- Hilton Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.87 out of 5 210 reviews
- grade B+Brockport High School
- Brockport Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.74 out of 5 151 reviews
- grade AIrondequoit High School
- West Irondequoit Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.86 out of 5 189 reviews
Spencerport High School Reviews
Rating 3.86 out of 5 162 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
The best part about Spencerport High School is how involved it is within the community. Not only are the high school sports mentors for the youth sports, but Student Government and Student Council provide countless opportunities for students like me to participate in volunteer activites. The most important thing that I think Spencerport could improve is how much support is given to seniors by counselors trying to apply to college. The path to college isnt exactly easy, and in my experience there wasnt a lot of support offered.
I would say that my experience at Spencerport wasn't the worst but there are definitely some changes that should be made to improve the experience for underclassmen. I enjoyed the bonds that I have created with some students, teachers, and administrators. The lunch food I would rate an 7 out of 10 seeing that it wasn't terrible but there could be some improvement there. There is need for improvement in the diversity of staff, administration, and students. Along with that, there should be celebration of the the multiple ethnicity and cultures represented in our school to make everyone more comfortable and make them feel like they belong at that school.
I love the atmosphere, everyone at spencerport has always been very kind, supportive, and respectful to me. The teachers I've gotten to know are all friendly, flexible, helpful, and understand what they are teaching. Lot's of AP and honors courses are offered which is very important to me since I am a strong student and this gives me opportunity to challenge myself. For students who are struggling in a subject there is a great tutoring program. The science technology engineering and math programs (stem) are all great and would highly recommend taking some. Everyone at Spencerport is very friendly and it isn't difficult to make friends. The school has a lot of college visit programs where you can sign up to have representatives from local colleges visit the high school, and has a lot of college help stuff and the naviance program is easy to use for letters of recommendation and college research.