Spencer-Van Etten High School is a public school located in Spencer, NY. It has 278 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Spencer-Van Etten High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C17 Students
- A+16 Students
- B+15 Students
- A-14 Students
- B-14 Students
- A-13 Students
- C+11 Students
- A-10 Students
- B-10 Students
- A-9 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Spencer-Van Etten High School
- B-Athens Area High School
- Athens Area School District, PA
- 78 reviews
- BWaverly High School
- Waverly Central School District, NY
- 29 reviews
- B-Newfield Senior High School
- Newfield Central School District, NY
- 25 reviews
- B+Horseheads Senior High School
- Horseheads Central School District, NY
- 137 reviews
Spencer-Van Etten High School Reviews
The school is fairly average and does not boast many defining qualities. The school has your basic sports, but they all suck every year and are merging with a nearby district to remedy the lacking player counts. The school offers a few AP's and ACE courses through local community colleges and does a great job preparing students for their next step either it be college or not. The faculty is great and there are a host of clubs and after school activities to choose from. The best way to describe it is typical or generic.
I love Spencer-Van Etten High School. It is a small school, which allows you to personally know your teachers and get 1 on 1 help from them. There is rarely any bullying because everyone knows everyone. Students are very nice and helpful to other students, even ones that are younger. We do a lot of community service throughout our village and nearby cities. We are very well known within our sports, clubs, and academics. I would recommend this school for anyone that lives near Spencer, New York.
The teachers are all friendly and try their best to help the students. At spencer the students are not just students, they are family and the teachers will do whatever it takes to make sure the family is happy and succeeding in life.