Spencer High School is an above average, public school located in Spencer, WI. It has 381 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 44% of students are at least proficient in math and 53% in reading.
Spencer High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-11 Students
- A+10 Students
- B+8 Students
- B7 Students
- A+6 Students
- B6 Students
- B5 Students
- A4 Students
- B4 Students
- A+4 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 7 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Spencer High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Spencer High School Reviews
There are quite a few extracurricular activities to keep each student involved. Most activities require some form of commitment but are not very time consuming. Most of the students that are involved are involved in many different activities. Some of the most popular activities are any of the music activities, which is because those activities are at such a high level nothing else can compete. Other popular activities include student council, drama club, history club, FFA, spanish club, BLAST (being a leader and standing tall), and GSA. There are more but those are the most activate ones. With that being said, most students are involved in at least one activity and each activity has a lot to offer.
I’m a parent of s senior at Spencer. I think it’s a great school for it’s size. There are only 51 students in my sons class so everyone are friends. The current administrator and current high school principal have made it a better and safer environment for our kids. I feel the majority of high school teachers are there for the kids and the guidance counselor is top notch. She is very approachable and knows each kid and their needs. I feel there is always room for improvement. There is a lot to be said about a smaller close knit school and community.
Some teachers are great, depends on where you are in the school. Lots of changes in recent years, not all good, but not all bad. Have Chromebooks now, which was a bad idea, should have gotten better quality computers with Microsoft Office ability instead of relying on Google for everything. At least the Agricultural Education Department, FFA Chapter, and Music Department are awesome, makes up where other places lack.