Spearman High School
- SPEARMAN, TX
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade unavailable
- Foodgrade A minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Spearman High School is an above average, public school located in SPEARMAN, TX. It has 258 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Spearman High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B49 Students
- grade A minus28 Students
- grade B19 Students
- grade A+12 Students
- grade A11 Students
- grade B minus8 Students
- grade B7 Students
- grade A7 Students
- grade B+7 Students
- grade B+6 Students
View Homes Near Spearman High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responses
- Art Competitions15%
- Band Competitions15%
- Spirit Week15%
- The class competitions15%
- The homecoming pep rallies15%
- Veterans Day program15%
- Pep rallies8%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 7 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,775 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 8 responses
Spearman High School Reviews
Rating 4.18 out of 5 40 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Spearman High School is a great small-town school. The teachers are all well versed in their given subjects, and the students are top of the line as well. It is a very tight-knit group, and it really gives one a sense of community. Most of the students participate in one or more extracurricular activities, which they are only able to do thanks to the very accommodating and experienced staff. All together, Spearman High School is the perfect place to go if you are looking for a place that will prepare you for college, and give you an amazing support system to help you get there.
While the location of Spearman, Texas is hardly convenient for anybody. The people in the community support the students at Spearman High School 100%. The teachers are great people, and now coming out of high school, could consider calling many of them friends. This school is a very safe place. The kids are different, and I would consider moving back here given 5-6 years away. The local community is small and filled with great people always willing to give a helping hand.
Spearman is a very small town, so it makes sense for the community to be incredibly involved with the school. While we may not have the same resources as bigger schools, the teachers go out of their way to provide quality education with what they have. Students have an opportunity to be involved as well. Students are challenged everyday, not just in the classroom. There are plenty of sports, clubs, and even competitive academic events that push students to go above and beyond.