Spearfish High School is an above average, public school located in Spearfish, SD. It has 610 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Spearfish High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-123 Students
- B75 Students
- B+72 Students
- A-37 Students
- A-31 Students
- A-24 Students
- B+22 Students
- B-17 Students
- C+16 Students
- B16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Spearfish High School Reviews
I loved the teaching/learning environment it challenged me to do my best. Over the four years of high school, I was able to become closer with a lot of the teachers, which made learning super fun! I highly recommend the We the People program offered for seniors there, it was such a rewarding and fun experience. I would love to see more variety of classes and a change in the PE staff. Overall Spearfish High School is a great place to go to school and a great place to prepare you for the adult life in College.
I really liked the small-town, community-driven atmosphere. The teachers know their students individually and have relationships with them. There are multiple opportunities to be involved and not get behind. The staff cares about you and your academic success. They want you to be a well-rounded person, who is ready to jump into adulthood. It's very comforting knowing they want what's best for you. Overall, it's an excellent school.
During my time at Spearfish High School I experienced a lot of different teaching styles. All the teachers were very accommodating to the student's needs. I feel as though I made a personal connection with several; while maintaining a professional teacher-student relationship with them. The school population has thoroughly increased as I have been in school and along with the students there have been more classes. I hope to see in the future that they potentially expand the building and also the amount of classes. Overall it was a wonderful school to experience high school at.