Spearfish High School is an above average, public school located in Spearfish, SD. It has 571 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Spearfish High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-92 Students
- B+61 Students
- B52 Students
- A-30 Students
- A23 Students
- B-18 Students
- A-16 Students
- B-14 Students
- B14 Students
- B13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Spearfish High School Reviews
Spearfish High School is a very good school where learning is the number one priority. Students are given equal opportunity throughout the school and many different options on what classes they would like to enroll in. Students are also given a laptop their freshman year which they utilize every day in class. Every teacher I've had while in high school is willing to stay after class or come in early to help students with work. The school has many different clubs and activities. For example we have Key Club and Fellowship of Christian Athletes(FCA). The athletics at Spearfish High are also very successful most years, just this year our boys soccer team won the state championship. Our facilities that we use are great, we have some of the best courts and fields in the state. We also have an amazing auditorium for all of our concerts and plays. I couldn't have asked for a better school to attend for my four years of High School.
Spearfish High School was one of the best schools that I have went to. It was clean, friendly, and the courses that I took had taught me a lot. There were also numerous amounts of extracurricular activities and sports which were well-funded and respectable. From what I had experienced, the majority of my instructors care about my education and what I was getting from their class.
High School is simply that interesting, complicated, and frustrating place in all of our lives for four years; however, Spearfish High School did definitely take an extra step in my opinion to change that for me. I had the same struggles as any High School student, but the support I found was overwhelming, and I was very happy there.