Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Spaulding High School is a public school located in Barre, VT. It has 669 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Spaulding High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-84 Students
- B34 Students
- B-32 Students
- B31 Students
- B+29 Students
- B27 Students
- B-22 Students
- A+21 Students
- B-18 Students
- B-18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Spaulding High School
- C+Northfield Middle/High School
- Paine Mountain School District, VT
- 57 reviews
- B+Harwood Union High School
- Harwood Unified School District, VT
- 53 reviews
- B+U-32 High School
- Public School
- Montpelier, VT
- 68 reviews
- C+Cabot School
- Cabot School District, VT
- PK, K-12
- 23 reviews
Spaulding High School Reviews
After graduating from this school and going onto college, it was a very difficult transition. This school does NOT prepare students or push them to succeed academically. Students are being denied from colleges due to proficiency based grading. I’m confident that the above proficiency based scores on math and reading speak for themselves. Something must change from the ground up because students are being robbed of an education.
The teachers, administration, athletics, custodial, safety, health staff and everyone in between take caring for their school community very seriously. The needs of the students are put first and every staff is very approachable & available.
Spaulding High School is an overall great school that truly cares about the students. The staff is absolutely incredible. Each member is so caring and friendly and will go out of their way to make you laugh and feel welcomed. Without the help of the staff, I would not be able to attend the college I am today. Along with the staff, the food is great as well! Better than my College's food since most of it is locally grown and fresh. The only thing I would change about Spaulding is to let 18 year old sign themselves out without getting a detention. I understand wanting students to stay in school and not be leaving, but they are adults and they should not be punished for a dentist appointment or a mental health day.