Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Spartanburg High School is a highly rated, public school located in Spartanburg, SC. It has 2,004 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 50% of students are at least proficient in math and 78% in reading.
Spartanburg High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A456 Students
- A342 Students
- B+313 Students
- B297 Students
- B+247 Students
- A-228 Students
- B181 Students
- C+150 Students
- B-147 Students
- B-142 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.37 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.37 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 93 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.55 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.71 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.71 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.71 responses
Schools like Spartanburg High School
- A-Dorman High School
- Spartanburg County School District No. 6, SC
- 700 reviews
- BBroome High School
- Spartanburg County School District No. 3, SC
- 170 reviews
- B+Woodruff High School
- Spartanburg County School District No. 4, SC
- 147 reviews
- BChesnee High School
- Spartanburg County School District No. 2, SC
- 70 reviews
Spartanburg High School Reviews
The school has a decent Science, technology, and math but nothing outstanding. Great environment, recently build a brand new school so great facility. Overall great school for getting education!
I attended Spartanburg High School for 4 years. I had a great time because I was involved with sports and activity clubs. I was able to create some great relationships with friends and administration. I had the same principal for the first 3 years. My senior year, I got a new principal, a new school, and our school for the first time in history, has our very own football stadium and fine arts center. The school has always used a local college football field and fine arts center for chorus performances. As a graduating senior, all of these firsts were extremely exciting. COVID-19 happened and it dampened all of our senior activities. We had no prom. Our district and school administrators were really hard to make the seniors feel special. We had a senior parade, they did a senior recognition slide show, and made it possible to have a graduation with parents in attendance. I am grateful for all of the effort they put together to make sure our senior year wasn't completely ruined.
Spartanburg High School has proven to be a very welcoming community for me. Even during these trying times, counselors, teachers, and administrators have been extraordinarily helpful with maintaining my academic career. SHS is very technologically involved compared to most high schools. AP and other high level classes are very plentiful. SHS continues to strive toward racial equity taking student comments and experiences seriously.