Spartanburg High School is a highly rated, public school located in Spartanburg, SC. It has 1,334 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 65% of students are at least proficient in math and 80% in reading.
Spartanburg High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A338 Students
- A243 Students
- B+217 Students
- B-200 Students
- B+151 Students
- A-151 Students
- B110 Students
- B-109 Students
- B-96 Students
- B-87 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.34 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.34 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.52 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.68 responses
Schools like Spartanburg High School
- ADorman High School
- Spartanburg County School District No. 6, SC
- 626 reviews
- BBroome High School
- Spartanburg County School District No. 3, SC
- 152 reviews
- BWoodruff High School
- Spartanburg County School District No. 4, SC
- 132 reviews
- B+Chesnee High School
- Spartanburg County School District No. 2, SC
- 50 reviews
Spartanburg High School Reviews
The principle here, Mr. Stevens is absolutely amazing. He stands in the atrium every morning, saying good morning to everyone and always outs a smile on your face. Over all the staff cares about the students and does everything in their power to make sure you succeed. The staff will meet you halfway and some will even go further. Over all the teachers are great and they teach you about the subject and life. I have several teachers I know I can talk to if I ever needed anything and I think that’s very important. I take pride in being a viking and even though my journey has come to an end I will always be a viking!
My experience at Spartanburg High School was fast. It happened so quick, from my first day as a freshman til walking across the stage. Although the ride seem to go fast, it did have it's stops.. and the stops would be the worst school days. It was like everyone had the same vibes on certain days. For example, rainy days were quiet and dark-- no one liked rainy days. Another example, everyone looked forward to the Friday night football games! Everyone including teachers would be excited to fellow shs students defeat the opponents on the field. If Spartanburg High School would approve, the school would be so much better. Approve as in less strict on rules. Less strict on "dress code" and "hair color" No one can truly express themselves. If you make a mistake.. you will receive some kind of discipline.. its not that way in the real world to be honest. However, there are people who takes rules out of proportion.
My experience here at Spartanburg Highschool has been phenomenal. The teachers are great and they actually care about the students grades. The principal's are great at their job. This school is a great environment to learn in. Every teacher, administrator, and principal makes sure that every student has the opportunity to graduate. Our school has a cell phone policy stating that we are not allowed to take out our phones. I am thankful for that policy because I actually pay attention during my classes, instead of getting on my phone worried about what's going on in my social media. Overall, Spartanburg Highschool is one of the best schools to attend to in the south.