Sparta Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Sparta, MI. It has 828 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 24 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Sparta Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+114 Students
- B96 Students
- C+85 Students
- A67 Students
- B53 Students
- B+44 Students
- A+43 Students
- B-41 Students
- C+41 Students
- A-32 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Sparta Senior High School
- B-Cedar Springs High School
- Cedar Springs Public Schools, MI
- 173 reviews
- C+Ravenna High School
- Ravenna Public Schools, MI
- 66 reviews
- B-Kent City High School
- Kent City Community Schools, MI
- 43 reviews
- B-Comstock Park High School
- Comstock Park Public Schools, MI
- 56 reviews
Sparta Senior High School Reviews
My experience with Sparta Senior High School was absolutely incredible! I was dual enrolled with the high school and a home schooling program. I was enrolled in every music class available at Sparta high school, including the jazz band, concert band, wind ensemble, choir, percussion chamber ensemble, marching band and drum-line. I performed in multiple music competitions and concerts with the school and I won first place one year and second place one year in the duets portion of the Sparta area "Spartan Idol" hosted by the school. I was able to use the excellent musical education at Sparta to apply to the college where I acquired my associates degree.
My experience at Sparta High school was overall very good. I participated in soccer, running, band, marching band, and college preparation and dual enrollment. I was near the top of my class during my four years and at graduation. I was proud of my grades and my reputation with teachers and peers. Due to personal circumstance, however, I struggled during my senior year. Most of my teachers were very understanding and helpful. Administration was different though; I felt a lack of understanding or helpfulness with administration. I felt that I was judged negatively and my mental illness was not take seriously by certain counselors. It was not terribly detrimental to my well-being, but there could have been more support or better psychological assistance provided.
Sparta Senior High School is a great place to go to school. Our School is safe and people are cared for. It doesn't matter what friend group your in because everyone talks to each other. One of the best things about Sparta is our spirit. Out of all of the schools i have seen or been to, Sparta knows how to cheer and have fun. Homecoming is a big deal at Sparta. There is so much to do in preparation. There's two parades, float building, mock rock, many games we play all day trying to earn points for our grade to win the red apple, and there's spirit week. There is also good academics and many ways to get help if you need it. Teachers care a lot about each student and tries to help them succeed in any way they can.